Only If You Knew

"Gabriel? Is that you, brother?" Castiel knocked on the bathroom door and tried to open it but it was locked. He had woken up by Gabe's screams and footsteps.

Gabriel looked up, he was covered in blood and a crying mess. "Y-yeah, I-I'll be right out." Gabe shouts through the door. He quickly gets up with shaky legs, holding on to the wash basin for support. He swiftly cleans up all the mess, making sure not use his powers for he wanted to feel the pain. The pain, the scars would remind him of every flaw and of every reason Sam didn't love him.

He put on a shirt and went out, "Hey Castiel." he fakes a smile at him.

Castiel frowned at him for Gabriel never called him 'Castiel', either it was Cas or some stupid nickname he would come up with. "What's wrong?" he asked with concern.

Gabe sensed Castiel knew something was up and one thing he knew about his brother, he was nosy af. "N-nothing." Ah right. Dean. Gabriel came up with a reason. "Cas, I need to tell you something." He said, putting a hand on his brother's shoulder and leading him to the living room.

***

"What?!" Cas asked Gabe once he explained everything to him. Castiel didn't believe it, more like didn't want to. Gabriel nodded sadly, rubbing Cas's back not knowing how to act. Sam would always rub Gabe's back whenever he was sad and it always work. "This is all because of me... I did it... no..." Cas mumbled, tears escaping his eyes as he buried his face in his hands. 

"Cassie no, he just fell that's all..." Gabe tried to calm him down but it didn't seem to be working. Castiel kept crying and blaming himself. Maybe because blaming himself was better than accepting the reality. "Cas he's fine, he'll be just fine in a few days. I promise." Gabe said and Cas looked up.

"C-can you take me to him?" Cas asked him, rubbing his eyes between sniffles. 

Gabriel sighed, not knowing how would Sam react to see him and Cas there. He was just about to say no when his phone rang. The caller ID belonged to Sam. Gabe's fingers fiddled a bit nervously but he picked up the phone. Cas looked up at him, curious who called, hoping it was something about Dean.

"H-hello?" Gabriel asked, afraid of what would Sam say. He was disgusted at how selfish he was but he really did not want to feel sad anymore, so he hoped Sam wouldn't yell again.

"Gabriel I'm sorry..." Was all Gabe heard. He was genuinely shocked at Sam apologizing for he was yelled at before too but Sam never apologized, he would just act like nothing happened. Not hearing a reply, Sam continued. "Gabe I was just worried for Dean. I swear I didn't mean any of that... I know it's a lot to ask but... do you forgive me?" he asked, a bit of doubt in his voice. He knew he had said a lot and a part of him thought Gabe didn't love him anymore and won't ever forgive him.

"I forgive you." Gabe said with a smile, with a hope that Sam did love him.

Sam was shocked, his eyes wide but they soon turned back normal. A smile on his face. "Thank you Gabriel." he said. 

"I love you Sam, anything for my Samlock." He says, smiling. Cas watched him happily. The smile on Gabe's face was genuine and it automatically made Cas a little happy too.

"I love you too Gabe." Sam said.

"R-really?" Pure euphoria rushed into Gabe's veins as he heard those words for the first time from Sam.

Sam's smile widened. "Really. Now get your ass up and come here with Cas, Dean can wake up any time." Sam said.

"Right. Be right there." He said and hung up with a huge grin on his face. He looked over at Cas, "Go get changed, we're going to see Dean." he said.

Cas smiled brightly and went to his room. He was confused what to wear for he wanted to look his best. He had decided he would tell Dean he loved him again today. But it wouldn't be like the other times, he hoped. But what if... Cas thought but shook his head, making all negative thoughts go away and grabbing the Star Wars t-shirt Dean had given him and Dean's denim which Dean gave him when he lost his grace. He quickly put on his shoes and tidied up his hair. 

Gabe was waiting by the couch. "How long Cas?" Gabe shouted over. 

"Almost done!" He said as he got out of his room and ran to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and took out the cherry pie, putting it carefully in a container. He then ran back to Gabe. "Okay I'm done." he said. 

"What's that?" Gabe pointed at the container in Cas's hand. 

"Pie for Dean." Cas said with a huge smile on his face. 

"Okay now, let's go" Gabe said and held Cas's hand, zapping back to the hospital. He told Cas the room Dean was in and let go of Cas's hand. Cas immediately ran off happily. Gabe smiled and soon found Sam walking to him. They both had a smile on their faces, Sam held one of Gabe's hand but soon Sam's smile faded and an angry frown replaced it. His hand clenched into a fist. Gabe's smile too faded, fright replacing it. He tried to pull his hand away as it hurt but was no good. "S-Samrod?"

A/N

Thank You so much for reading, voting and commenting so far. ☻