Took 18 Chapters To Become Your Boyfriend

"Cas?" Dean asked, his throat reluctant.

"Dean." Cas chuckled with joy, both his hands wrapping Dean's hand and tears of joy falling from his cheek.

The doctor smiled at them and got up to readjust the fluid intake, heartbeat monitor and some other things. He adjusted Dean's bed so he was now sitting. "Do you want some water, Dean?" Castiel asked. Dean only nodded in reply and Cas grabbed the glass of water from the stand next to Dean's bed. He held the glass in front of Dean's lips and he slowly took a few sips.

The doctor told Sam and Gabe that Dean was okay now but recommended they have Dean stay the night under observation and then left. Sam and Gabe walked up to Dean as Cas set the empty glass aside. "You okay Dean?" Sam asked.

"No." Dean said as if it was the most obvious thing on the face of the earth. "But I bet I still look better than you." He grinned.

Sam rolled his eyes, "Jerk."

"Bitch." Dean smirked.

"Hey!" Gabriel joined in. "Samloop is the handsomest and you suck!" he defended Sam.

Dean chuckled, "Alright. Alright. Never mess with the bitchy wife, got it." Dean said.

Sam looked at Cas who was sitting with his head down, holding Dean's right hand with both of his. Sam nudged Gabe by his elbow, "Um... we'll let you let you rest for now. Cas is here if you need something." Sam sad and Dean nodded before he left with Gabriel.

Dean turned to Cas, "Hey Cas." He smiled at the mere thought of finally being so close after all that had happened. They were close before too, yes, but were so apart at the same time.

"Hello, Dean." Castiel looked up at him and smiled brightly. "I brought you pie." Cas said, holding the container up to him.

Dean chuckled, "And that's why I love-" Dean's smile dropped, having realize what had slipped his tongue.

"I love you too, Dean." Castiel said, his whole face lit like a Christmas tree.

Dean looked up with his eyes wide, he had thought Castiel was here to restore their friendship but he had not expected something like this. An involuntary smile formed his lips. "R-Really?" Dean asked for a confirmation.

"Really." Cas said with a bright smile.

"So... are we boyfriends now or something?" Dean further questioned to just confirm one last time if they were on the same page.

Cas slightly tilted his head, "Um, I guess so..." he said.

"Wow." Was the only word that escaped Dean's mouth. He was still in shock of what was happening.

"This is awkward." Cas stated, looking around.

"Yeah a bit." Dean said, still smiling as he watched his fingers entangled with Cas's. "So..." Dean started, meeting Cas's eyes. "You were saying something about a pie?"

"Yes... I got you cherry pie." Castiel said with pride for he knew what Dean liked.

Dean smiled brightly as Castiel opened the container which had half the pie because full didn't fit. He took two spoons he had packed, feeling a little weird now because he didn't pack spoons for Sam and Gabe. Nonetheless did he take a spoonful and held it in front of Dean's mouth. Dean chuckled, "I think I'm okay enough to hold a spoon Cas." He said though took the bite.

"Oh. Right." Cas said as his face turned a shade of bright red and he handed Dean the spoon, setting the container between them. Dean smiled and took a spoonful before holding it for Cas. Cas blushed a bit and took the bite. "Thank you." He said and grabbed his own spoon. They both started eating and soon only one last bite was left. "You take it." Castiel said.

"No, you take it." Dean replied.

"No, I brought it for you. You take it."

"You brought it for me so you take it." Dean argued.

"No you take it." Cas pushed the container towards Dean.

"No cas, you take it." Dean pushed it back towards Cas.

"You." Cas pushed it back towards Dean, frowning.

"You." Dean too frowned and pushed it back.

"Dean, you take it." Castiel raised his voice a little.

"Cas you brought the damn pie so you take the damn pie."

"Dean I said you take it!" Cas yelled out of frustration.

"Cas for your papa's sake, you take it!" Dean yelled back just as loud and they soon started yelling and fighting over it.

***

Gabriel and Sam were standing just outside the room. Gabe was showing Sam some cat videos when they heard them yelling. "Shit. They're fighting again." Gabriel said and stormed in the room with Sam.

"AAAAAHH!" Dean screamed at their sudden entrance, startling everyone and then all their eyes were glued on Dean. "What?" he said, keeping a hand on his chest for his elevated breathing and heartbeat. "That was scary." He said defensively.

Sam sighed. "Of course it was."

"AAAH!" Dean screamed again, startling everyone yet once again.

"Oh quit it you loser!" Gabriel said, having gotten scared himself by the scream. Sam chuckled.

"The pie!" Dean practically cried at the container that had fallen to the ground and the pie was all over the floor.

"Great." Castiel sighed. "Now no one gets to have it."

And... the rest of their day went just fine. Sam and Gabriel went back to the bunker while Castiel stayed with Dean for the night. Castiel read a journal of a beekeeper to Dean which obviously made him fall asleep within minutes. Castiel, although finished reading it for the hundredth time and then scooted in the little place on the bed next to Dean with his head resting on his chest.

Castiel listened to Dean's even heartbeat as he fell asleep. It was the most beautiful music to Cas for it was a part of Dean's.

A/N

Somehow this chapter got deleted from wattpad and I had to rewrite it. But here it is! :D

☺☻Vote And Comment☻☺