The Meerkat Conundrum

"What?" Cas asked, sitting up and his brows raised.

Dean was confused. "You fell." he said.

"Yeah, I know. But I fell a long time ago. Don't you think that's a pretty late reaction Dean?" Cas asked, his head tilted.

Ugh, those blue eyes. "No, I mean now." He said awkwardly.

"This?" Cas laid on the flow again and started shaking. "This is how the meerkats go underground, Dean. I just wanted to show you this." He said and sat back up again. Dean raised his eyebrows (A/N lmao see the gif)

"Do you want me to do it again?" Cas asked, thinking Dean didn't get it. Dean raised his hands up in the air.

"No. Just... Unbelievable. I'm so done." Dean said and left the kitchen while Cas just sat on the floor still thinking if Dean understood the movement correctly or not. Dean went his room, turning up the music and "some videos" on the internet. Only God knows why he related the girl with blue eyes to Cas and released.

***

"Cas, I'm going on a food run." Dean said to the ex-angel while putting on his jacket.

"Can I come too? Please." Cas was sitting on the couch and he practically begged, with his puppy-eye look on show. Dean sighed and nodded. Cas jumped off the couch and ran out the bunker door to the car.

"Cas wait!" Dean sighed, he picked Cas's shoes quickly and ran after him. "Your shoes!" He shouted. Cas looked back.

"Oh, of course." He took the shoes and put them on. Dean shook his head, he secretly loved taking care of him. Every time Cas did something silly, Dean would help and scold him. But little did they know they both loved it in their own ways. Only if they would accept it.

Dean got in his car and drove to the grocery store next block. He pulled over and turned off the engine before turning to Cas. "Listen, you stick to me. Do not just wander off on your own, if you need anything you tell me, okay?" Dean instructed him seriously.

"Okay." Cas said, listening to the instructions carefully. What even Sam didn't know is that they were the Hazel and Gus of Supernatural. (xD)

They both got out of the car and went in the store. Dean didn't have to look back to see if the ex-angel was following him. He was that close. Dean had to voluntarily control his breaths as they went to get the cereals. Cas was more than excited to go shopping with Dean and he looked all around the store, it was so different than the one he had worked in. It was much bigger. Cas rummaged through the whole store as they kept walking and Dean got the needful. Cas was careful enough to stay close to Dean until he saw the pet aisle, he walked over and stared at the fishes. Dean was too busy getting his booze stock.

Dean got all the stuff needed and looked back, "So Cas... Do you nee- Perfect." He sighed and got his phone out,

Dialing...

"Yes, Dean?" Cas asked.

"Where the hell are you? I thought I told you to stay close!" Dean shouted.

"I'm sorry Dean. I hear your voice from east of the store though, I'll be there."

Dean realized he's shouted pretty loud, "No! Just... Just tell me where you are and stay there."

"I'm at the pet care section." Cas said.

"I'll be there, don't move." Dean said and hung up.

Dean walked up to the pet aisle and saw Cas talking to a sales representative. He turned to look at Dean when he came. "Dean, can we get a cat?" He asked. Dean looked at the sales guy and then back at Cas.

"No, let's go." He said.

"But Dean, please! Looks, these cats are so cute on the packet. Please, I'll take care of it." Cas begged.

"No Cas, we don't need a cat." Dean sighed.

"Sir, cats are of the most low maintenance pets. You and your husband won't ever-" The sales guy spoke up but was cut off by Dean.

"Whoa ginger, we're not husbands and we DO NOT want a cat." He looked at Cas, "Come on Cas, let's go. It's getting late." He said and Cas nodded sadly. He followed him to the cash counter and then helped him put the groceries in his car.

"Dean, why did the sales representative refer to us as husbands?" Cas asked Dean as he drove.

"I don't know Cas" Dean said nonchalantly shrugging, keeping his eyes on the road. Cas nodded and looked out the window. Once they reached the bunker, Dean put away the groceries and started to make dinner as Cas sat on the kitchen table, reading his book.

Sam texted Dean,

S : Hey, how's it going?

D : Weird af.

S : What? Why?

D : I'm alone with a fallen angel Sammy, how do you expect it to be otherwise?

S : I don't know... did you finish my present already? ;)

D : I got my revenge. O:)

S : DEAN WINCHESTER. WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Read, 6:09 pm.

Dean put his phone on silent and shoved it in his pocket as he set the table for dinner. He sat down. Cas put the book aside, thanked Dean and took a bite.

"It's delicious, Dean." Cas said, eating some more.

"I know." Dean smiled with pride and began eating. They ate the rest of the food in silence and Dean did the dishes. They were watching TV in the living room when all the lights went off and there was a complete black out.

A/N

Ugh, I had this stupid exam today and well... it was a disaster.

Please comment and let me know anything lol. (literally :3)