Chapter nine

Victoria;

I'm the only one who knew what Misty was going through. In middle school I only hurt myself for the shortest time...Misty hasn't gotten the help I have. I've begged hospitals, even the police....the school to help her but no one even says yes. I felt horrified when the hospital dress had short sleeves....not the ones she always wore. The cuts were brighter than daylight on her arms. Big, savage ones that left thick scars and the ones that went over them. Her necklace she always wore was removed and you can see the knife mark where she tried to kill herself. At least the couldn't see the ones on her hips and thighs. Misty has hand a pretty rough 18 years of life. She's the only senior in our group. The rest of us are juniors.

Although, Vic did stay. He wanted to make sure she was okay and say how sorry he was to her face. He saw the cuts and the knife marks. He seen the other marks from the car crash. It all happened in a second, Rose out of the way and Misty hit the ground....I'm not even sure if she heard herself scream. Rose felt horrible...said she should've moved. No kidding. The other girls were so frightened of the cuts and the side of Misty they never knew, through them off guard. I feel a bubble inside my chest. I suddenly feel like a puppet on strings, the master controlling what I'm saying. Before I could react to my words I spoke out suddenly with a burst of air, "we have to continue the game."