Chapter 7

Misty;

I twirl a strand of hair between my rough fingers. They were rough mostly since my job was at a mechanic shop down the street, Big Joe. I sigh as Sara's bratty sister joins us. Why did she have to join us?! Whatever, she will probably just bitch anyway. One of the ear buds of my headphones are in my ear as I listen to A Match Into Water. When the first line stated he kissed the scars on her skin, Misty started to become distant from the game. She didn't have anyone to tell her anything was going to be okay. Misty didn't have a..great childhood but hey, music could always save her. Sara snapped her fingers in front of my face and I blink. "Yeah?" I ask a bit confused. "Your turn, truth or dare?" I pick dare.

"Okay, I dare you to...call one of your favorite band members."

"Are you kidding me?" I ask.

"dead" Sara replied.

"Fine."

I pull up my phone searching for Vic Fentus's phone number. About 19 minutes later I hit gold. "Hello? Who is this?" I reconigze his voice instantly, speechless. "Hello? Who the hell is this?" He spoke again. Sara asked curiosuly, "Misty? You okay?" I try to nod but shock had taken over me completely. He hung up and I started back into motion. "Call him back!" Victoria said, eyes gleaming. "But I-" I get cut off by Rose. "Do it!" after a minute they all chant quietly, even Sara's sister. Shakily I call again and he answered- again.

"Look I don't have any idea who is calling but-"

"I'm sorry! I just.. froze up that I got the right number?"

"Was that a question?"

"Maybe?"

"I don't have time for these games."

My heart pounded harshly. "Look I'm doing this as a dare, cut me some slack..."

"What was the dare and who is this?"

"Call one of your favorite band members and Misty.."

"Sounds like a comon dare. If you want to impress your friends more I can even show up one day."

"Your joking."

"I'm not. I'll call sometime later."

"Holy shit..." I shake furiosuly.

"What?"

"Nothing just- gotta go!" I hang up and sigh. "I am about to have a mental break down."

I get pounded with questions but I push them away and lay on the floor. How is this possible?! No one gets that lucky, NO ONE. I shake my head and dare Rose to dance outside on the road, hopefully there will be no cars. Hopefully.