Chapter 39

Had this Chapter ready two days ago, and my phone deleted it. I was too lazy to type it back up immediately so sorry for the wait.

Katniss P.O.V.

"You wanted to talk?" Peeta asks as he sits down beside of me on our bed.

"Yeah," I say as I nod my head. "You said that you didn't tell Willow about us being in the Games."

"No," Peeta says as he shakes his head. "I just described to her what the Games were, but that's as far as I went."

"And you didn't mention the rebellion?" I ask him just to be sure.

"No," Peeta says again. "I didn't tell her any specifics."

"Okay," I say. "Well, we need to tell her then, I guess."

"Yeah," Peeta says. "It would be best to get it over with."

"So," I say as I take a deep breath. "What do we tell her? How do we tell her?"

"There's really no right or wrong way," Peeta says. "But I think we can both agree that she's not ready for all of the details yet."

"Absolutely not," I say as I shake my head. "I don't want to scare her to death."

"Me neither," Peeta says. "But, Katniss, Willow does know that a lot of kids died."

I look over at him. "You told her that?"

"I had to," Peeta says.

"I know," I sigh. "I'm not mad. I was just making sure."

"We have to start somewhere," Peeta tells me.

"I know," I sigh. "This isn't going to be easy at all. She's going to know that we killed people, Peeta."

"I know," he says. "But I'm sure Willow will be understanding. She was when I told her about the Games to begin with."

"This is different, Peeta. This is about us. It's more personal."

"You and I both know that Willow is a sweet, good kid," Peeta tells me. "She isn't going to see us any differently, Katniss."

I nod my head. "I hope you're right."

"I'm always right," Peeta says with a smirk.

I laugh and shake my head at him. "You're so full of it."

We're both quiet for a while before Peeta speaks up again.

"I don't want to tell her about Snow and the hold he had on us."

"Me neither," I say. "There's so much I don't want to tell her right now, but at the same time I want to get it all over with."

"Yeah," Peeta sighs. "I should've just told her about it all the other day."

"No," I say as I quickly shake my head at him. "No. There's no reason for you to tell her by yourself. We're her parents. We are supposed to tell her together, Peeta. That's why I got so mad the other day. I felt guilty because you had to deal with it by yourself."

"It's alright now," Peea says as he reaches over and takes my hand in his.

"We still haven't decide what we're going to tell her, or where we're going to start," I say with a sigh.

"It might be easier if we just tell her and sort of wing it," Peeta says. "We'll just have to be careful not to tell her about what we've ruled out."

"Okay," I say as I nod my head and take a deep breath. "You're right. We don't need to over think it too much."

"Come on," Peeta says as he pulls on my hand a little. "Let's go to sleep."