Chapter 26

Katniss P.O.V.

"You're getting up with Rye the next time," I tell Peeta as I lay down beside of him on our bed. He chuckles and leans his head against mine.

"I might need some convincing," he teases. I smirk at Peeta and lean over to kiss him.

"How's that?" I ask him. Peeta shakes his head, so I kiss him again. He places a hand on my back and sits up a little.

Rye starts crying, and Peeta and I pull away with a sigh.

"I'll get him this time," Peeta says before he gets up to go check on our baby boy. I laugh and lay back down on the bed.

In a few minutes, Peeta comes back into the room. He shuts the bedroom door, and I smile at him as he walks over to me.

"What'd you do that for?" I ask Peeta. He sits down beside of me and leans over to kiss my lips.

"I don't think we were done while ago," Peeta says. I laugh a little as his lips move to my neck. Peeta trails his lips up my neck and back to my lips.

"Daddy!" Willow hollers as she beats on the bedroom door.

Peeta pulls his lips away from me again, but doesn't move.

"What do you want, baby girl?" I ask her, even though it's a dumb question.

"I had a bad dram, and I need Daddy to come check for monsters."

"Willow," Peeta says. "I've told you a hundred times that there's no such thing as monsters."

"But I need you to come here still."

"Why?" Peeta asks her.

"Umm…" She's silent for a moment, probably thinking. "'Cause Rye is cryin'."

"I don't hear him," Peeta tells her. Willow makes a sound like a baby crying, and Peeta and I have to cover our mouths to keep from laughing.

"We might as well let her in," I say. Peeta sighs and lays down beside of me again. "Come on, Willow." She opens the door and comes running over to us. Willow crawls over on top of Peeta and settles down on the bed between us.

"Daddy," Willow says as she looks over at Peeta. "I can't go back to sleep."

Peeta laughs. "You haven't even tried." Willow sighs dramatically.

"But I want you to read me a story."

"Willow, it's one-thirty in the morning," I tell her. "Go to sleep."

"Please," Willow says as she pouts at Peeta.

"How about I read you a story when we wake up?" he tells her.

Willow gives him a confused look. "But I am awake."

Peeta chuckles and shakes his head. "You know what I mean, Willow." Willow sighs and curls up close to Peeta.

"Daddy."

"What?"

"I still can't go to sleep," Willow says. Peeta looks over at her.

"That's because you're not closing your eyes," he tells her.

"Yes I am," Willow says as she closes her eyes for two seconds before opening them again. "See? I am still awake."

Peeta shakes his head at her and looks over at me. "Deal with your daughter so I can go to sleep." I reach over and slap his arm, and Willow starts giggling.

"You are funny," Willow tells us. I shake my head at her.

"No, you're funny," I say as I poke her belly. Willow lets out a squeal.