Chapter 38

Katniss P.O.V.

"Willow, what on Earth are you doing?" I ask as I walk into the living room to see Willow crawling around on the floor. Rye is laying on his stomach on a blanket and watching Willow like she's crazy.

"I'm tryin' to teach Rye how to crawl," Willow says. "But him is not listening to me, Mommy." I laugh and walk over to them.

"Come here, Rye," I say in a baby voice. "Crawl to Mommy."

"Mama," Rye giggles. My heart melts, and I smile at him. I love hearing my little boy say my name. Peeta's a little jealous because Rye still hasn't said 'Dada' yet, but now he knows how I felt when Willow said 'Dada' first.

"Yes. I'm Momma," I tell Rye softly. "But I want you to crawl to me."

"Look," Willow says to Rye as she takes off on her hands and knees. Rye starts laughing like it's the funniest things he's ever saw. Willow stops and takes a deep breath. "Whew, Momma," Willow says as she looks up at me. "I'm tired."

"Willow," I laugh as I shake my head at her.

"What?" Willow says as she looks up at me. "This is hard work." I laugh harder at her, causing her to scowl.

"You're silly," I say as I ruffle up Willow's hair. "Alright, Rye," I say in a baby voice. "Let's go get your diaper changed before Daddy gets home. Before I can even pick Rye up, the front door opens and Peeta walks in.

"Daddy!" Willow squeals as she goes running towards Peeta.

"Hi, princess," Peeta says as he picks Willow up and kisses her cheek. Rye lets out a squeal and reaches out towards Peeta. "Well, come on, little guy," Peeta says as he motions for Rye. "Crawl to me."

And Rye does just that.

He puts one hand in front of the other and moves his knees until he reaches Peeta. Peeta kneels down on the floor and props Willow up on his knee. He scoops Rye up into his arms with an excited laugh.

"Good job, Rye," Peeta says as he hugs Rye close to him.

Rye giggles and looks up at Peeta.

"Dada."

Peeta's eyes widen and light up, and I promise I see tears in his eyes.

"Daddy, did you hear Rye?" Willow asks in a high pitched voice.

Peeta chuckles and nods his head. "Yeah. I heard him, baby girl."

"Goodness, Rye," I say. "We've been trying to get you to crawl all day. Were you waiting just for Daddy to get home?" Rye looks up at me and giggles as he sucks on his fist.

"I can't believe that he finally said my name," Peeta says as he kisse the top of Rye's head. Willow huffs and crosses her arms.

"What about me?" Willow asks. "When will Rye say my name?"

Peeta and I laugh a little at her. "It's going to be a while before he can say your name, Willow," Peeta tells her. Willow looks at him dissapointedly.

"Willow," I say as I bend down beside of them. "Maybe Rye can try something small like sis."

Willow makes a face. "I guess so. But my name is Willow, not sis."

"We know that, baby girl," Peeta tells her. "But Rye is still little. He can't say Willow just yet."

"Okay," Willow sighs.

"Come on," I say as I hold my arms out for Rye. "I need to change your diaper." I start to lift Rye up, but he clings on to Peeta's neck as best he can.