Chapter 8 - Fairies and Flying Horses

Chapter 8 – Fairies and Flying Horses ©

I heard the morning birds singing their songs of joy when I first woke up. I squinted my eyes while wondering where that intense sunlight was streaming from.

Voices low and rumbling made me frown as I tossed the sheets off me. I walked into the kitchen to see the two guys staring intently at me but I paid them no heed.

“What I wouldn’t give for a cup of coffee right now.” I muttered.

“Charlotte please put some clothes on.” Caden’s voice was strained as I turned to him stretching. I looked down at myself, blushed deeply and quickly shuffled into the shower with a handful of respectable Argonian clothes.

Feeling slightly better but still blushing like a fool, I quickly exited fully clothes and went to face my doom that is two guys who saw me practically naked by Argonian standards.

Maybe if I pretended everything was as it should be then it would be fine. Nope, Caden was smirking while sending me a hot, intense look as Markus had his eyebrows raised but wouldn’t truly look at me.

“Right I’m going back in time so you guys don’t remember that.” I told them firmly but Caden shook his head at me.

“No that is not going to happen.” He quickly snatched my hand and dragged me protesting over to a chair. “You are going to eat breakfast so that we can leave this tower.”

“Fine.” I muttered as I buttered some toast and turned to Markus “I know what I said last night was harsh but I hope it made you realise-“

“Charlie I totally understand. It will never happen again.” He interrupted me rather solemnly.

“Good. So are you coming with us or going home?”

“I will be going home. Mother would feel utterly abandoned and distraught if both of us were missing.” He told me and I nodded.

I yawned and stretched as Caden walked back in to the room carrying two huge backpacks. I raised an eyebrow at him quizzically as he gestured for me to join him. The pack was so heavy that I was almost knocked comically backwards with the weight.

“Geez I’m wishing for some horse’s right about now.” I told them sarcastically to which they both snickered with laughter “So do we have any idea whereabouts we are positioned in Fairy Land?”

“That’s what this is for.” Caden gestured to a large piece of rather ancient looking paper that I assumed was a map.

“Alright let’s get this started then.” I said encouragingly.

“I will be seeing you soon.” Markus waved at us as he disappeared from the room.

“Remember no magic can be used.” Caden advised and I rolled my eyes.