Chapter 6 - The problem with twins and an incredibly old lady

Chapter 6 – The problem with twins and an incredibly old lady ©

He found me still sitting in the middle of the room surrounded by rock fragments, charred fabric and water everywhere. I was almost subconsciously rocking back and forth trying to soothe my idiotic power riddled mind.

"Charlotte?" He asked in concern.

"Please don't call me that anymore. My name is Charlie. Are you ready to go? If you are I'll open the wall." I said it all in a monotone and he gave me a strange look.

"Are you ill?" He asked kindly as he approached me.

"Nope I'm just fine." I told him, ignoring the girl laughing at me in the back of my mind.

He reached out a hand to pull me up but I flinched away. Instead I pushed myself to my feet and stepped back from him. I did a quick blink and zap to be back outside the wall.

"Charlotte please talk to me." He called through the stone to me.

"It's Charlie." I shouted out at him.

I felt tears well in my eyes. I had to step back away from him. I had to start shielding myself before I got hurt. Why wasn't he freaked about all that had happened this morning? He should be pissed at me but he kept acting like everything was fine.

"Charlie then." He said the name like it tasted bad in his mouth "I still want you to talk to me. I know that something is bothering you."

I switched him off and stopped listening while I stared at the wall. Well if I could throw a rock across the room then why couldn't I make this wall open?

I pushed my mind out and to my surprise I could almost reach out fingers to hold on around the edges of the rock. I pushed against the wall and it opened easily, fluidly even. With my mind I closed it again before opening it all the way.

A voice finally penetrated my concentration and I looked up to see Caden's panic stricken face. I frowned at him for a moment, almost unable to understand him which only seemed to make him more agitated.

“What are you doing Charlotte? Are you ill? Please talk to me.” He demanded as I shook my head to bring back my focus

“Caden stop yelling at me!” I finally shouted at him “And if you want to know what I’m bloody doing it’s called moving a stone wall with my mind.” He stopped dead as a smile bloomed on his face and he stepped closer to me.

“You just moved the wall without pushing the button?” He asked me eagerly as he clasped my shoulders in his warm palms.

“Yes.”

“Do you even realise how thrilling that is?” He told me excitedly as he swiftly kissed my lips. I swooned; I just couldn’t help myself before pushing away from him with a frown.