Chapter 15 - Some BFF time

Chapter 15 – Some BFF time ©

Izzie’s look of hurt bit at me deeply, I guess it was because I had always told her of everything that went on in my life until now. The problem was I had always left out so much as well. I grimaced but prepared to answer.

“Izz I didn’t know he’d be here, honest.” I told her truthfully.

“But you didn’t feel you should tell me about him? When did you intend to tell me?” She said it very quietly and I felt my heart lurch. The one thing Izzie was not was quite.

“When I got up the guts to I guess.” I shrugged.

“It’s actually my fault Isobel. I never informed her that I was arriving today; I wanted it to be a surprise. I have never been to a school like yours before so I became a tad confused about things.” Caden explained and Izzie looked at him seriously, and then glanced at me.

“He’s telling the truth isn’t he?” She asked me and I nodded.

“He’s been home schooled.” I said quietly and Izzie grinned as she hugged me. I sighed with relief as I hugged her back.

“Alright I forgive you then.” She told me as the bell rang. We started moving but I noticed that Dwayne had been silent through our whole exchange. I looked at him but he refused to look me in the eye. Geez another thing for me to worry about.

We made it to our last class and I was finally breathing a sigh of relief that we had made it through. Caden sat next to me so when I heard his sharp intake of breath I glanced over to him to see a shocked expression on his face. My eyes followed where he was looking only to see Mr Campbell staring back at Caden in just as much shock.

“Alright what the hell is wrong?” I asked him in my mind.

That’s….that….I do not think I should tell you Charlotte.” He replied and I raised my eyebrows at him.

The class started but I noticed that Mr Campbell was definitely off his game. At least until he caught Caden’s eye and something passed between them. I was almost jumping around in my chair with the curiosity attempting to overwhelm me.

“Charlotte stop you are distracting me.” Caden told me and I just grumbled at him.

I stared out the window for the rest of the class and was surprised when Mr Campbell called out my name and Caden’s to see him after class. I was as curious as I was a tad worried but I waited until everyone left. I waved off Izzie’s hesitant pause to tell her to go ahead.

“Ambassador, Your Highness.” Were Mr Campbell’s first words and I almost collapsed onto the floor in amazement.

“Okay who are you exactly? I thought you were just my teacher.” I finally managed to say while he just smiled at me.

“I am one of your protectors Ambassador. I am here as always to make sure you are safe and looked after.” He explained in a far different voice than I was used to.

“Okay then I’ll come back to that. How do you two know each other then?” I pointed between them and Caden chuckled.

“He is a Master Warrior. I learnt all of my skills from him.” Caden turned to face Mr Campbell and bowed politely “Might I add Sir that I have finally found someone who could best me.” It was now Mr Campbell’s turn to look shocked.

“May I ask who?” He asked with keen interest and Caden grinned broadly.

“You are looking at her Sir.” Caden said excitedly and Mr Campbell turned to me, his eyes alight with a fervour that was just a tad intimidating.