Chapter 7 - Conversations with myself

Chapter 7 – Conversations with myself ©

Caden's POV

Where was she? I know she said five minutes but I'm not sure if I can stand it. I'm staring at the seconds ticking down and every one of them makes my heart crack just that little bit more. What if she gets lost in time?

"Will you stop worrying, I am sure she will be just fine." Markus interrupted

"You do not understand. Do you remember what Father told us about life bonds?" He frowned then nodded "She is my future life bond. I have no wish to lose her when I just found her." I told him feeling stressed with the thought of her not being a part of my world.

"I did not realise that you felt so strongly for her. She seems a bit uncouth what with all the swearing as well as a tad reckless." I frowned at his words, flying instantly to her defence.

"She is the only person I have met outside of our family that treats me normally. She never pretends, she never flaunts herself, she is just simply Charlotte. I appreciate that more than you could ever know." I told him sincerely and I saw a smile bloom on my brother’s face "Then again perhaps you can understand. It seems you have been keeping secrets Brother." I said wryly.

"Perhaps, do you remember Rosaline?"

"Hmmm yes vaguely." I muttered as I thought of her. She was the daughter of one of our father’s political advisors; she was a stunning beauty with long chocolate brown hair and dazzling hazel eyes. She had always been cheerful and ready to try anything new that we had come up with as kids. She used to tease Markus ridiculously and now it made sense why.

"She is my future life bond." Markus said quietly with a wide smile. I slapped him happily on the back, very pleased for him.

"Congratulations." I told him honestly before glancing back at the clock. She was down to three minutes which made my heart pound with trepidation.

"She will make it back." Markus tried to reassure me.

"I am not as certain as you. But you are correct that she is reckless. She came to save me thinking she was responsible for me. She is just so different and unexpected. I already miss her." I finished quietly as I glanced back down, unable to help myself as another minute ticked by. My leg began twitching and my toe tapping anxiously.

"Well life with her should certainly prove to be exciting if not bordering on terrifying." Markus said dryly as more seconds ticked by.

I blinked to glare up at him and she was suddenly there, looking exhausted but determined. The relief I felt almost overwhelmed me. I strode across the room to snatch her into my arms while taking a deep breath and swearing to myself to never let her do that again.

Charlie's POV

Caden's grip tightened until I almost couldn't breathe. I was happy to see him and to have him holding me again but I needed to check that paper and make sure it had changed.