Chapter 17 - Nothing but strange news

Chapter 17 – Nothing but strange news ©

“Hey Charlie, I thought I’d better come over and- “

I heard Izzie’s voice say and I opened my sleep filled eyes with a groan to look over at her. The stunned expression on her face should have been my first warning but when she didn’t move into the room anymore I frowned.

I guess I was so used to Caden sleeping next to me that it never occurred to me how it might look to normal human eyes like Izzie’s. I had also never told her about it so that didn’t help either.

So she stood there bug eyed while I realised how this must look. It probably made it worse that during the night Caden had took his shirt off and tossed it onto the floor. This was so not a good start to a Saturday morning.

“Izz it’s not what it looks like.” I told her as I struggled to move but Caden’s arms just tightened around me as he tossed a leg over mine.

“I thought you were peeved at him.” She stated blandly, rolling her eyes while I saw a mischievous glint flash in them.

“It was but we talked it through and now it’s okay.” I said vaguely.

“To the point where you slept together?” She asked cheekily and I blushed.

“No we slept next to each other, there’s a difference you know.” I told her sarcastically.

“Wow! Does your Dad know about this?” She asked in a bold voice and I nodded “Gee I wish my dad would let Dwayne anywhere near my room.” She finished enviously.

“It’s because the nightmares I have are only caused by not having Caden with me.” I explained while she just looked at me in confusion.

I finally pulled out of Caden’s grip and turned to look at him with a grin that quickly faded to a gasp. His lips were turning blue even though he was still sound asleep. I felt panic grip me as he didn’t even move.

“Caden you’ve got to get up! You need to get home.” I told him frantically while shaking his shoulder but he just mumbled and reached out for me.

“Izz look away for a minute.” I told her.                                               

She grinned but turned around and I quickly kissed his lips that were getting even bluer as he responded. His hand was shaking as he reached up to run it over my hair. I pulled back but he only put his hand behind my head to pull me closer and deepen our kiss.

I shivered and felt myself get lost in his kiss. It wasn’t until I heard a throat clearing from behind me that I remembered why I had started kissing him. I abruptly broke away from him which only elicited a grumpy groan.

“Caden you’re starting to shake. You have to go home.” I told him firmly as I brushed my hand against his stubbly cheek and tried to calm my erratic breathing “You can’t disappear from here because Izzie’s at the door.” I whispered in his ear and he nodded sleepily.