CHAPTER TWO.

We drove into a driveway another house just like ours placed in the middle of the acre.  The drive way was concrete to a court yard in the middle where kids where playing a game octopus.

 As we came to a stop I watched a group of girls who were standing of to the side of the building wearing short little black like  dress’s with a huge fluffy jacket protecting them from the cold.

“ who lives here?” I ask as we all slide out of the car.

“ friends of ours” dad answers for me.

We all started up the concrete driveway to the front door where I was surprised to see the insides due to the already open doorway.

 “What are these people … Rich?” I say to myself out loud as we enter the building I would no longer call a cottage like ours.

It had white stone floors with a crème white wall colour. In the middle of the house was a spiral stair case which I was guessing took you to the second bedroom floor.

“Mark , Emilia so good of you to come” a lady says as we reach the kitchen which was placed on the right far side of the building.

“Anne thanks you so much for inviting us “Emilia says kissing both sides of her cheeks.

I moved from behind Blaine and stood next to him wanting to feel protected from the overwhelming feeling that I was having.

“ we’re is  Gabby I thought you were bringing her today?” the Lady says to dad and Emilia.

Emilia waves for me to come forward which I do so silently crying to myself wishing I didn’t have to.

“I hope your remember Gabby” Emilia says putting her arm around me.

I didn’t like the way she placed her arm around me, deep down I was still pretty pissed that she broke up my family but I stayed strong not showing that side of me.

The ladies face lights up and smiles at Me.” well if it isn’t Gabby” she leans forward and kiss’s me on both cheeks.

“ I didn’t recognise you I thought Blaine had just Brought a girl along with him”

Blaine lets out a snort of laughter before dad elbowed him in the stomach.

“I bet you don’t remember who I am “she says laughing away while not letting me have a chance to speak.

I looked at her for a while and shook my head.” I’m sorry”

The lady takes another step forward and places a hand on my left shoulder.

“I was your mums best friend, you and my son used to be close” she says with a huge smile right across her face.

“Mrs Styles?” I ask.

Her face lit up again and she nodded pulling me into a hug “Yes see I knew you would  remember “

Blaine left us after a while as the convocation became longer and longer between Anne, Emilia and I who did I good job and being silent.

 “So how’s your mum “Anne asks finally I was able to talk.

“She’s fine”

“Still in Australia” I nodded.

“How she enjoying it?”

‘We love it there “I say sipping some of my lemonade that I had in my right hand.

I watch as Anne looks around before focusing on one particular person.

“H “Anne yells waving this guy over to our way. “ come here for a minute”