23. Icy Times

Vincenzo was lying in an ice bath thinking hard about what was to come. Him and his people were not to set off for another hour at least. Then it was time to depart Harlem for the Irish part of New York to visit Jackson O'Kane to celebrate Tristan's appointment as the next Irish heir of the O'Kanes. He didn't see how it was cause for celebration. It truly was not an event to be cheerful for. His sister had just become the most powerful woman in the O'Kane family and she hadn't even realised it perhaps. That meant responsibility. It was ironic how he could feel his sister was worried for Tristan taking on all the responsibility and the title but Vienna hadn't realised it was the beginning of a journey for her too. His innocent sister was no where near ready for anything. Not that she needed to be. Tristan was not going to let her feel any pressure. Neither did he. Vincenzo wanted to be the man for Terza to do all the protection too. But his Terza had a different personality to his sister. She had a fighting spirit that his sister had but didn't want to channel. His sister was like his mother. She was resilient. She was likable. But she was a Rosario. She could fight hard. She had managed to show enough potential at survival camp in school to demonstrate her instincts. But he didn't mind her not displaying her gifts. It was best that people underestimated his sister. She was not ready for fighting but she could fight. He knew she could.

Vincenzo sighed as he heard the telephone ring next to the bath tub. He picked it up. He didn't like it when people disturbed his icy peaceful moments. He just lost himself in the cold and ice at times, just like his father.

Vincenzo reluctantly picked up the phone from the side table and held it to his ear.

Vincenzo raised an eyebrow "Yes Tristan."

He smiled "Shouldn't you be on your way already? The guests will be on their way."

Vincenzo said "Yes. I know you are taking Vienna with your car. My father told me. I am taking your sister with my car unless you have any objections."

Vincenzo narrowed his eyes " No. my grandpa is not riding with us. He goes with a separate car. Terza sits with me. Do you have a problem with that?"

Vincenzo nodded "Good. I will see you at the house of O'Kane." He then put down the phone soundly and sighed as he stood up. He stepped out of the bath tub and wrapped a towel around his lower body. He stood in front of the mirror and he realised he didn't have his favourite aftershave at hand." He sighed and made his way out of the bathroom. As he stepped outside he saw Terza sitting on a sofa reading a newspaper.

Terza looked up as she heard him come through the door to the lounge of the ensuite room. She was about to speak but then froze at his stare and of course his shirtless glorious form. She instinctively stood up "Hi."

Vincenzo looked at her up and down silently. She had a very plain dress. Too plain. It was navy. His favourite colour but she still looked stunning. He walked closer silently to her.  

Terza felt his heavy stare on her and she felt the urge to look away but kept it together as she breathed "I came to see you and I was allowed in by Viggo. He said you don't mind me waiting inside here. He said you are having an ... ice bath and will be quick." She then chuckled "I didn't believe him of course. It is in the middle of the winter."

Vincenzo stood in front of her and looked at her with his penetrating gaze " Terza. Where is your necklace?" He then slowly reached his hand up to her top buttons.

Terza felt his cool hands on her skin as he unbuttoned her blouse. As the top two buttons became undone he gently reached inside.