52. True Meanings

O'Neil was standing in  Vincenzo's path in the basement of the building. O'Neil had taken control of the building as Vincenzo had ordered his men to surrender and not fight. Vincenzo hadn't stopped his plans and neither had he tried to come outside and face his father or O'Neil. He had come to the basement to deal with his grandfather and instead had seen O'Neil in his path in the long corridor that lead to his grandfather's cell. O'Neil was standing there with crossed arms leaning to a pillar as he was looking at Vincenzo with an unreadable expression.

Vincenzo walked slowly and cautiously towards O'Neil who was looking at him without blinking. He didnt know how O'Neil did it but he did go on without blinking for a long time just to say he was watching the opponent.

Vincenzo stood in front of O'Neil "Good day sir."

O'Neil gave him a bitter smile "Good day? Really son? You have the nerve to look into my eyes and say good day. What happened to make you become so irrational? You didnt come out when your father has been waiting for you outside..."

Vincenzo said "I have work to do. Then I will come out."

O'Neil said "No. You have no work to do here. Your father has work to do in this place. This is your father's right and not yours to deal with his father and that is if he wishes it..."

Vincenzo said " I have the right to deal with this matter. Now if you will excuse me sir..." He tried to walk past O'Neil who blocked his path.

O'Neil demanded "Let's take a walk back the way you came. I need to speak with you about you and your father."

Vincenzo said "But..."

O'Neil said "But what? You have to tend to your grandpa? Ha? He is not there. You really think I havent gotten him out of his cell? You are not the only one familiar with his passage ways. Now take a walk with me and if you resist, it will make me very cross. You dont want to see that side of me kid. Trust me." He then patted Vincenzo's shoulder "Let's go."

Vincenzo didnt resist as O'Neil put his hand on his shoulder and walked beside him "So. Lets look at your situation... You are mad. You want to take revenge for your papa. I get it. But you have messed up big time kid. You are too immersed in your own world to see that what you have in front of your eyes actually goes beyond your world and your imagination. You have no idea what you are dealing with Vincenzo. You think you do. But you dont..." He then opened a door to a chamber and pushed Vincenzo gently but with slight force "Step inside and we can talk."

As Vincenzo stepped inside, O'Neil closed the door soundly. Vincenzo turned around and looked at O'Neil. With this man he never could tell where he stood. He had the smile even if he wished death on someone. He was hard to read. He wanted to hear him. He had asked to speak to him and he was not going to be disrespectful and defiant.

O'Neil grabbed a chair and asked "Take a seat."

Vincenzo sat down.

O'Neil stood towering in front of him "Let's get to the point. You defied your father a couple of times in the past 24 hours. Your father is lenient and will let you get away lightly. But I dont agree with him. I think you must take responsibility for your actions..."

Vincenzo said "I take full responsibility for all my actions..."

O' Neil sat on a table nearby and faced Vincenzo " But you wont have to take responsibly because your father is just letting you get away with defying him. I think its wrong. If Tristan was as arrogant as you I would have put him in his place. You are lucky you are not my son."

Vincenzo said defensively "Sir. I am not acting arrogant... I choose my actions with great contemplation."

O'Neil said "Really? You call this contemplating? Defying your father's orders?"