2. December 1979 (Vincenzo)

Vincenzo came out of the mansion and glanced at his sister and Tristan. He sighed at how fun loving they were. They were throwing snow balls at each other and laughing out loud. By the looks of it they had also made a snow man too in the time they had. Well they were in the hippie mood. He hated hippies. He believed the end of era for all these fun loving peace promoting hippies was coming. The 70s was going to be over in a few weeks. A new age of technology was starting in the 80s soon and he was hoping his sister left all her hippe ideals behind when she started college is September.

Vincezno walked silently towards them with his hands in his pocket wearing his long black coat. His men who were standing around the front yard stiffened. They feared him. He made an example of any of them who failed. That morning he had made a statement about cost of failure by making an example of one of the men. He felt their fear in the air all the time but now it was intensifying. That brought a menacing smile to his lips. These men had seen nothing yet. He was bound by the rules of his father now but that couldnt last forever.

As he was walking to his sister and Tristan, he sighed at the two lovers. They were in a different world.

Vienna asked Tristan "Can we take a picture with the snow man?"

Tristan smiled and then glanced at the approaching figure of Vincenzo and turned to Vienna "Sure, we can get Vincenzo to take the picture for us." He then turned to approaching figure of Vincenzo " Here he is. You dont mind taking a picture of us? Do you Vincenzo?"

Vienna turned around and saw Vincenzo. Her smiled vanished. As if Vincnezo was going to do anything for her.

Vincenzo wanted to say no. What was this snow party about?  But then he saw the expression on Tristan's face. Tristan's look was not threatening and was not friendly either. He didnt say anything. Not that he needed to. Vincenzo knew that look full well. It said " She is my girl. Don't you forget it. Remember that, always." And of course Tristan had phrased his question in such a demanding way. He was telling him to take a picture. He was not really asking. He narrowed his eyes and silently walked closer to Tristan with his hands in his pockets. His stare didnt leave Tristan's.

They both held their own cards in their game of rivalry. Tristan took no prisoners in his demands.. No matter who he spoke to, he demanded what he wanted and he either got what he wanted or he was going to take revenge. He always delivered his threats and was precise at delivering justice but ... so was Vincnezo. Tristan was not the only one who delivered justice.... The two boys had so much in common. They understood each other. As long as Vincenzo didnt pressure Vienna into anything she didnt want to be part of in the crime business Tristan didnt object. And likewise. As long as Tristan didnt try to fasten the pace of his relationship with Vienna, then Vincenzo had no problem with Tristan.

As Vincenzo stood in front of Tristan he spoke in a hard tone "Why would I refuse? Its just a picture?

Vienna smiled "I will go get the camera.  I will be back in one minute." She then turned around and ran to the mansion.

Vincenzo raised an eyebrow "So you are imptressing my sister by making a snowman? Is that the best you can do? Not so impressive."

Tristan stated " Impressing is not what I am after... Showing her a good time is what I want."

Vicnenzo nodded "Sure.... tell someone that who doesnt know you... You give her what she wants.... That is not going to her favour."

Tristan stated "And what do you think will go to her favour? What am I meant to do?"

Vincenzo spoke "Talk to her about her college course choices instead...."

Tristan spoke "She wants to study medicine like her mother... There is nothing wrong with that... She loves science."