9. Born To Be A Don

Vincenzo was dribbling the ball as he was looking at Tristan approaching while Emanuelle O'Neil was walking to the building.

Vincenzo stared at his rival and friend walking towards him. Tristan was like a brother to him. They had been through so much together but he wondered if their friendship was going to survive what was coming up. He had to tell him he loved his sister. Tristan needed to know before everyone else. He was just waiting for Vitale to make it official. He looked into his friend's eyes and threw the ball at him unexpectedly. Of course Tristan caught it. Not many people could.

Vincenzo stated " It's impossible to surprise you. You are always prepared."

Tristan started dribbling towards him " Not always. I am not prepared for your surprises... I hand it to you Vincenzo. You surprised me today. He is not even welcome to your father's territory, yet you are not even angry and you dont seem like you feel betrayed." Tristan then took a shot at the hoop and threw the ball.

Vincenzo watched in admiration how his ball went straight through the hoop flawlessly. Tristan had class. In every way. He wondered how classy he was going to be if he found out he loved his sister.

Tristan gracefully and with the air of authority walked towards Vincenzo. He resembled his father at that point in Vincenzo's eyes. Tristan carried himself with the same air of authority and with determination in his eyes while he was focusing on him. Vincenzo saw Tristan as a rival, opponent and as a friend too. He more than anything admired him like a brother too. Vincenzo could feel it that a new chapter was going to start in their lives soon and they werent going to be playing basketball like they used to. They werent going to be doing school work in the libray late after everyone went home. Vincenzo was going to miss the old times. But he didnt even have time for that. He had no time for dwelling about the past. Organised crime didnt give you time. Life was battlefield and his battle was only begining as he was approaching age of eighteen.

Tristan had Vincenzo's attention. He walked to his friend. He stood in front of him " I am going to ask one question Vincenzo. You have to answer to me honestly..."

Vincenzo asked "Is it about my grandfather? I told you now is not the time..."

Tristan shook his head "No. Its about mine. My grandfather betrayed you by allowing you be present in the same room as the man your father dissaproves of. he is your blood. But he is forbidden to get in touch with you. My grandfather helped him get this close to you... If I was in your position I would have taken revenge on whoever made you get close to your grandfather... So are you going to take revenge on my grandfather?"

Vincenzo didnt expect this quation. He was taken back "Come on Tristan. You should know me better than this..."

Tristan asked "Do I? You must answer the question."

Vincenzo replied "I would not hurt your blood, unless they hurt mine."

Tristan responded " Why not? My grandfather risked your well being by allowing your grandfather who is not allowed near you get that close. My grandfather commited a grave mistake. It all happened on his territory. It was his responsibilty. You and I had no control or authority over the sitauation. It is his responsibility. My family is not your blood. Why would you not hurt them?"

Vincenzo looked into Tristan's eyes and took a step closer to him. He whispered "Maybe because your blood is more dear to me than you think Tristan. It maybe hard for you to imagine but soon you will realise it. Now, lets not discuss what happened back there. I have bigger things to worry about." He then turned around and walked to the basketball. He picked it up from the ground and faced Tristan "Let's play."

Tristan asked "What things are you more important than what happened tonight?"

Vincenzo shrugged " What is going to happen tomorrow night is what matters now."