15. Watching Snow

Terza was outside in the snow filled gardens of the Sterling Johnson's Hotels Complex clearing her head. She had made fire in a spot where there was a stoney Gazebo for summer barbecue parties and was sitting on the floor leaning to a pillar watching the fire burn. She loved the heat in the cold. There was light snow and the porch lights made the crystal like droplets beautiful.

Terza was sitting and thinking about her life and what was to come. Alot had changed that night. At dinner time, Vincenzo had claimed her in front of everyone and now everyone know who she belonged to. It was slowly sinking in for her what it all meant. People looked at her differently now. She now belonged to Vincenzo and everyone knew that. Until now she was Emanuelle O'Neils daughter or Tristan's baby sister where ever she went but now she was also Vincenzo's girl which made many men think twice before they walked past her. He could see people bow to her even. People she didnt even know from Sicily in particular baffled her. All of them respectfully bowed to her as they walked by as though she was a queen. It made no sense. Why did Vincenzo have so much respect amongst them who didnt even know Vincenzo? Did his reputation go that far across atlantic. Maybe he had made an impression on business trips with his father. Who knew? That must have been it.

Beside the shock of the night when he had claimed her before speaking to her father and also men bowing to her, she had also become wary and thoughtful by observing Paulo Rosarios gestures. He was staring at her and Vincenzo like a hawk. From what Vincenzo told her she could imagine he was after Vincenzo and even Viggo. He said "He is coming for me." It made no sense since Francesco Rosario didnt allow them near Vincenzo. No one could come for Vincenzo... unless Vincenzo allowed them to. Did Vincenzo love his grandpa? She had no idea and she was not sure if she wanted to know more about this matter. Vincenzo was complicated as he was. If he didnt tell, then she didn't try to ask when it came to his blood.

Terza looked into the distace as she tried to enjoy the snow fall. She looked at the windows of the hotel building where she was meant to stay. Most of them were still off. She had tried to sleep but couldnt. She knew Vincenzo had been following her father and she wondered how his meeting had unfolded. Just as she was thinking of Vincenzo she saw his figure approaching from the distance. He was coming out of the building. He didnt look happy at all. Maybe her father hadnt given him his blessing. She watched Vincenzo having tension in his body. His hands were balled into fists. It was unlike Vincenzo to lose his temper. She stood up "Vincenzo." She wanted to know what had happened.

Her voice stopped him in his tracks immediately. He spotted her in the Gazebo with its stone pillars and a fire burning in the middle of the structure. That was her who loved to be a free spirit that instead of going to bed in the cold night she liked to be in the chilly weather outside. He walked towards her quickly. He was so happy to see her. When he had come outside he wanted to go lie in an ice bath to cool enough to a point that he didnt feel tempted to go back to Emanuelle O'Neil and finish what he didnt start back there for the sake of Terza. He deserved to die for almost calling him unfaithful. The snow looked inviting to bury himself inside it. But then he saw her. He gladly walked towards her.

As Vincenzo came closer, Terza walked backwards and leaned to a pillar "What happened Vincenzo? Did he not give his blessing? Is that why you are mad?" Her voice didnt waver but on the inside she was nervous about the way he looked. He looked murderous. Her heart was beating fast as he closed the distance between them and stood in front of her.

Vincenzo looked into her eyes as he spoke in a low tone "He gave his blessing."

Terza gave out a sigh of relief but then was confused at his angry look "So... why are you angry? Its unlike you to lose your temper."