44. Traitor

Alexander opened his eyes as he felt presence of light. He was in bed and found himself surrounded by various men in Black with guns. But there was a familiar face. Stefano, his uncle costanzos son. Costanzo was the younger brother of Francesco Rosario and he hardly ever came to their home. Alexander's father Antonio who was Francesco Rosario's cousin was always doing business and was hardly ever home. So was Stefano's father, Costanzo. Being the head of security for Francesco Rosario was no light task. Antonio had to be working non stop. Now here Alexander was surrounded by armed men with flash lights seemingly searching his room while Stefano who was the son of the advisor and lawyer of the family was staring worriedly at him. Alexander was confused. Normally his father was in charge of security. What had happened.

Stefano said in a sad voice "Alexander. You need to get changed and get out of here. I will explain what has happened later."

Alexander sat up looking around. "What is happening? Can you tell me why they are taking my stuff?"

Stefano sighed "You will get them back. I promise. They need to search your belongings for security purposes. They will return it to you. They will bring it to our house. Let's go. You are coming with me to my house."

Alexander was so confused "Can you give me a hint what's happened?"

Stefano said "Look. We have to go ... If I take too long to go back home, my mother will send search parties out. Get out of bed now. There is time to talk about it later."

Alexander reluctantly got up and got changed. He followed Stefano outside his room and asked again "Come on. Tell me what's going on? Are my parents coming too?"

Stefano didn't reply "Just follow me to the car..."

Alexander looked around him and saw men wearing black around his home searching and grabbing everything they could see. He stopped walking "Stefano. You can't expect me to walk out not knowing what is going on. Are my parents coming too?"

Stefano stopped walking and turned around. He sighed "They are not coming. No. Only you are coming with me. They are already gone ... to see uncle Francesco."

Alexander asked "Why am I not going to uncle Francesco too?"

Stefano said "You can ask that later. Let's go. I want to go to bed and I can't worry my mother. Don't you know her? You can't keep a voltolini mother waiting. I was meant to come here to get you so you don't freak out thinking these people are kidnappers here. I am still sixteen and have a curfew. You are welcome." He was a Rosario but still a teenager. He still had rules to live by. He was a familiar face that his father had chosen to send to get Alexander out of sympathy.

Alexander caught the urgent tone. Something was wrong. He couldn't move "Tell me please. What's happening. We are cousins."

Stefano turned around "Last chance. You come or I restrain you. You don't have a choice. It's not negotiable. Come the easy way or hard way. I am not meant to tell you anything. Just wait for it." He then walked away hoping his cousin followed. Alexander wasn't used to being told what to do. His mother was Georgina Canavaro and his father was Antonio Rosario. His father was the one calling the shots in all high security situations. But of course this situation was not like any other.

Alexander sensed that his cousin wasn't going to tell him any more so he decided to slowly follow. He asked as he followed "Are my parents safe? At least tell me this?"

Stefano walked faster and whispered "To my knowledge yes. They are gone already. They are not in this building any more."

As Alexander stepped outside the house he gasped at seeing being surrounded by cars and men he didn't know. None of men who worked at that house or worked for his father were around. They had emptied the house of people as well as goods. He watched men taking their family's belongings in lorries.