You're It! (Part One)

21st June 2015

YOUR POV

I put on a second coat of mascara before applying my favourite lipstick, then grab my bag and purse before heading into the living room where the boys are sat. "And she's finally here!" Jokes Con, making me laugh and throw a pillow at him. Cheeky mare. "Oi, leave her alone. She can do what she wants," Brad said protectively, opening his arms for a cuddle. I walk over and sit on  his lap as his arms close in around me, making me feel warm and safe. He buries into my neck before suddenly reappearing and saying, "I think it paid off anyway, babe. I mean, the make up says it all," I kiss his nose gently before standing up and holding my hand out. "Right lads, c'mon, we'll miss our slot otherwise, and Lizzy and Adam are outside!" He took my hand and stood up next to me before each of the others slowly stood up and made their way to the door in their own time. Which took absolutely bloody ages. We went and waited in the drive. Two minutes later, Adam pulled up in my drive in a huge white van, Lizzy sat next to him smiling. She opened the door and ran out to hug me, the cosy fabric from her long white cardigan hitting and warming my left thigh. "Lizzy!" I said, pulling away. "How are you? How's Adam?" I ask in a hurry. "I'm good and so is he, he can't wait to meet you boys! How are you all?" The boys all say mixtures of 'fine thanks' and 'good thanks!'  Adam comes out of the van and stands next to Lizzy proudly. "Y/n." He says, smiling. I hug him before standing back and greeting him. "boys! this is Adam, Lizzy's boyfriend and my friend from school," the boys all shake hands and greet him, introducing themselves.

We finish our journey in the van and hop out excitedly. Brad's hand curled around mine as we walked into the building. "This is gonna be so good," Lizzy says. We go through the safety procedures and get on all the laser tag gear before we wait in the waiting area for our game to start. We've payed for three rounds of laser tag, and the first one is free-for-all. I made an alliance with Brad as quickly as possible, otherwise I'd be his main target. We ran around the large map together, protecting each other from anyone that may be attacking from above or the sides. Tris slipped round the wall that me and Brad were stood behind and rapidly shot us, us attempting to do the same (unsuccessfully). We ran around and around avoiding people and shooting them as we stumbled over each other in the dark. I came across Lizzy and chased her for AGES, repeatedly shooting her without her realising. I was running away from James when all of a sudden I bumped into someone in the dark. I grunted as I fell backwards, seeing a mass of curly brown hair. Brad stood there, holding out his hand to help me up. He pulled me close before kissing me lightly, the only thing lighting us were the small LED lights that were built into the wall. "Aha! You won't get away that easy y/n!" I heard an all too familiar voice say. James had found me and Brad kissing and was ready to continue attacking me. "Shit, y/n, run!!" Shouted Brad, grabbing my hand as we sprinted away from him. Brad ran behind me to make sure I protected, while I occasionally turned around to shoot James.

In the end the leaderboard was like this:

1st: Adam

2nd: Tristan

3rd: James

4th: Y/n

5th: Brad

Tied 6th: Connor and Lizzy.

That didn't stop us from going full pelt at round two...