Chapter 28 - Advices..Again?!

MEGUMI'S POV  

I continue to bury the half of my face in my scarf as I keep my hands in my side pockets while waiting for Shiro. It's still winter and the weather gets colder and colder as the days passes by. Due to that, we have to wear thick clothes and mittens. 

"MMEEEGGGUUUMMMIII~~~!"  I heard someone shouted and before I knew it, Shiro threw his self to me and begin to squeeze me with a big hug as he rub his cheek to mine. 

I chuckled and ruffled his hair, "Ohayo Shiro." I greeted. 

"Sorry for making you wait for me, I know you want to go to school as fast as we can because you want to see Kei."  

I took a quick gaze at my watch and it was 6:54 am. I think we have some spare time so I think we don't have to rush. 

"It's fine and now that you're ready to go, let's get going."  I invited. 

We started walking to school and the both of us weren't talking. Usually, it's me who takes the initiative but right now, all I can think of is Kei. 

Kei hasn't been going to school for almost 2 days and ever since that day she wasn't sending me texts messages and of course, I started to worry. Not just that, but because I want to help her that badly but I don't know how. I tried sending her text messages but I didn't receive a single reply from her.

At first, I want to visit her but I was hesitating. She might need some time for herself but I can't stop worrying. I want to comfort her, I want to cheer her on. Do you know the feeling that you want to help someone that badly because you're worried as shit but at the same time you want to give them time so they can decide properly by themselves.

Now in the other hand, about Haru, even though he is always going to school, he's like a dull robot. He still hangs out with us during lunch but it wasn't like before. He keeps a cold or serious aura on his face and sometimes, he'll just disappear without a word.

If I'm worried about Kei, Shiro is worried about Haru. We are both anxious because we're scared that maybe at the end, things will never be the same again for the four of us, and the worst, for the both of them. We don't want them to be separated from each other because Shiro and I know the truth that they both like each other but they never had the chance to confess.

Well, the Haru thinks that Kei doesn't like her and Kei thinks the same thing. Which is kind a annoying though. But about Kei's situation, Now that she already knows the truth about Haru, she is keeping her distance from him to avoid any ruckus.

"Hey, Megumi." I heard Shiro suddenly talked causing for me to startle. Well, I was spacing out for some time now.

"Y-yeah?"  I hesitantly asked.

He patted my head and replied, "You've been spacing out for some time now. Are you okay?"  He asked.

"Ughh.. Uhmm." I begin to stutter as I avoid his gaze.

I sighed and decided to continue, "I'm just worried about Kei and Haru though."

"So that's what you're thinking huh? I think you have to relax a little. I know your mind is messed up and I bet you're panicking because you can't do anything?"  

My eyes widen and pouted, "W-well, I just want to help."

He suddenly held my hand and said, "Don't worry that much. I'm sure Kei is fine. Well, not that perfectly fine but I'm sure she isn't going to do something that will make you worry. Maybe she just needs a little time."

I smiled and squeezed his hand, "Yeah, I guess you're right. But,  how about Haru?"

"I think he needs time too. A time to think on how he can fight for Kei. An arrange marriage is really tough. The two people who are tied up with that situation, can't do anything but to agree on what their parents wants especially when it can affect their own companies."