Chapter 27 - Between Two Rivals

KEI'S POV  

I stared at my phone while my eyelids started to water. After I send the text message to Haru feels like I'm regretting it. But, I think it is for the best. Certainly. 

I continue to stare at the beautiful scenery presented in front of me. A pinkish with a pinch of orange color in the sky never fails to make me smile as the water in the lake was so pristine and it calms me down. 

I enjoyed the presence of nature especially that I'm all alone for now. I sat gently at the grass as I tightly hug my knees and let my chin rest on top of it.

Did I really mean what I just said back there? 

Should I just give up then? 

Won't I regret the decision I made? 

Is this really for the best? 

I continue to ask myself because I doubt my actions and especially my words that I left to him. I know I have to do the right thing here but at the end I thought, how about me? How about my own happiness? 

It feels like, I was ready to give away the thing that really made me happy the most. The worst battle that I have to fight right now is between what I know and what I feel. 

Tears were starting to roll down and not minding a single bit. I let my sadness out through crying because during this kind of situation all I need is myself and no one else. In times of weakness, all I know is that, it's only me who can understand myself that truly. 

While in the midst of weeping, someone lightly tap my shoulder causing for me to startle. I quickly bowed down to cover my swollen face with my two knees. 

"Uhmm, Yes? Who are you?" I asked as I hid. 

There was no answer from this mysterious individual behind me but then I just felt someone sat beside me and I heard it sighed. 

The voice was kinda soft so I assume that it was a girl. The first person to enter my mind is Megumi. I took a little peek but my eyes widen as I saw, 

"Shiori." I whispered full of shock. 

"Hey." She greeted. 

I look away and I ignore her but not in a rude way. It was just really awkward and surprising at the same time because I thought she was a monster or a person who'll destroy me due to her enormous power. 

She scratched the back of her neck, "Kei...Right?" She ensured.

I nodded.

"What are you doing here?" I asked bluntly. 

She sighed again and replied, "I just accidentally saw you here and decided to have a little talk to you." 

"Why? Aren't you going to hurt me verbally?" I continue to ask direct to the point. 

She rolled her eyes and stared at me again. "Seriously? Do you resent me that much?" 

I startle and shake my head continuously, "N-no! It's not that I dislike you, or..." I sighed. 

"I was just shocked and of course I was kinda disappointed." I admitted. 

She raise an eyebrow, "About what exactly?" 

"Nothing." I mumble.

"Seriously?" She whispered and she stood up. She extends her hand at me and said, "Would you please mind to have some tea with me?" She asked formally. 

I don't know if I'm going to accept her offer. I still don't trust her that much though. But if talking to her might change something, then I'll give it a shot.