Chapter 39 - Patching up

A/N: Hi Guys~! Yay! A normal update XD Sorry if the update took so long -3-

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY~! But this update has feels tho. XD

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪

HARU'S POV

I was summoned inside the office and some servants who were inside were either eying at me and some bowed and I did the same. A big and long table with the back of a tall, black chair was facing at me. I cleared my throat loud enough to notify the person sitting that I have arrived. He slowly turn around and my suspicion was correct, it was Shiori's father.

He smiled, "Haru." And placed his hands on his desk.

I nodded, "Mr. Kazue."

"Can you please leave us alone for a moment?" Mr. Kazue requested to his servants. They all nodded in response and left the room.

He gestured his hand at the empty seat across from his table. I accept. I sat and sighed, "What does my father want?" I asked, straightforwardly.

His gaze landed on me, widened. He shook his head and said, "I haven't even asked you 'How are you?' or 'How are you doing?'. Can we just take it slowly, Haru-kun?" He smiled, "You've been a lot in these past few days and there are a lot more to come. "

I just nodded.

He cleared his throat, "So, how are you Haru-kun? And how is Kei-chan doing?"

I quickly looked at him. "H-how did...you?" I asked, stuttering.

"My daughter." A small amount of pain and shame stab my chest. I totally forgot. It's because of Shiori why I was able to escape from my father's grip. She was the one who helped me and even though it breaks her heart to disobey her father, she did what she think was right. But still, it doesn't mean it didn't hurt her.

"How is Shiori?" I asked without answering his question. But Mr. Kazue did the same thing, I didn't have a proper answer until silence fills the room.

I cleared my throat once more, "Uhm, I guess we're fine...for now." I answered. He just nodded with a small smile on his face.

"Do you have any plans Haru-kun?" Still not answering my question about Shiori, he asked me again.

"Kei and I decided to go to school tomorrow. I don't have any definite plans for now due to father's wish to talk to me."

"So, if your father didn't had that kind of wish, you aren't willing to talk to him? And let's put it this way, what if your father didn't wish to talk to you, what is your plan Haru?" Mr. Kazue leaned back on his chair and continue to stare at me.

I was left dumbfounded. What will I do huh? What are my plans?

"You can't just run away from it all, Haru. And you know that." He cuts off my silence. I nodded.

"So, why did he wants to talk to me?" I asked again, wishing he would now answer it.

"Because it's obviously you didn't want to. You don't even show your face to him."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Well it's because if I did show my face to him, for sure he'll never let me go."

Mr. Kazue rubbed his chin. Anger and impatience are already boiling inside me. I went all of my way here just to know why. What's the reason why my father wishes to have a word with me? Why doesn't he want to tell me? I want to know it and end this fast. I have to fix this. I have to plan this thoroughly. If my father wishes to talk to me then wish granted, but I have to make a plan so that I won't fell in his traps. Not again.