38. career day; 원필

"Please be informed that tomorrow will be our school's career day and you should dress according to your preferred profession. That would be all. Class dismissed," your teacher said and left.

You've been thinking about what you should wear. Dressing like a business woman would be too hassle because of the high heels and tight skirt. Suddenly, someone tapped you and you looked back, it was your bestfriend, Hana. "What are you wearing tomorrow?" she asked leaning herself closer to you. You moved your chair closer to her table and said, "I'd just wear casual clothes, pair of sneakers, shirt and pants. Then I'll top it with a hospital gown," you answered. Thankfully you have your older sister that is now a doctor. She lent you her old hospital gown for you to use tomorrow. It would be more comfortable to wear, you thought.

"Wow, that's great! I would be wearing a soldier outfit. You know I really liked Lieutenant Yoon from Descendants of the Sun. You would be Doctor Kang. Yey! We're bestfriends made in heaven," she said excitedly.
You laughed a bit and said, "Yah. Aren't they not in good terms in the first episodes?" She nodded and laughed. You playfully slapped her arm and laughed.

It was your break time so you decided to go to the cafeteria. "Do you know what will Wonpil wear tomorrow?" Hana asked. "Why are you bringing him up. Someone might hear us," you whisper-shout at her. "I heard he's been absent since last week," she informed you. "I told you. We should not talk about him. Not now or not ever," you calmly said.

You and your bestfriend sitted at the available seat on the canteen and started to eat. Joon Bin, one of the officers in your school waved at you. You waved back and he hurriedly went to your table. "Hi. Are you busy?" he asked. "No. Do you want to join us?" you said, offering the seat beside you.

"No. I'm good. I'm just gonna inform you that you'll be representing your class for the Career Day tomorrow," he explained.

"What?" you said, shocked. "But I don't like being on stage," you added. "No choice. You were recommended. All you need to do is just introduce yourself, say something about your profession and done," he said trying to convince you. You rolled your eyes. There were no other choice but to say yes. "Okay, okay." He smiled. "Good decision. Please sign here and write your preferred profession," he instructed.

Hana sneaked at the paper, trying to find something or maybe she just wanted to see what you were signing. Then she suddenly gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. "Heol," she managed to say. Joon Bin left and you gave Hana a what-is-it face.

"Wonpil is a representative too."

"So?"

"So you'll be seeing him tomorrow." You still don't get what she meant. I mean, he obviously dumped me for something I don't know, you thought. So you asked her once again.

"So?"

"So this might be destiny," she said, wandering. She even put both her hands on her cheeks and started to fantasize. "You watched to much drama that you started to think that my love life has a calculated plot twist," you said.

The next day, you went to school early to prepare you short speech. You made your speech as simple as possible so you'll be able to memorize it quickly. The time ticked at 8:00 am and students started to come, wearing their career outfits. There were a lot of doctors, business men and women, and engineers. You went backstage and the other representatives were there already. Unconsciously, you found yourself finding Wonpil but he was not there.

"I knew it," you said a bit disappointed but relieved at yhe same time.

"Okay. The program will start in any moment. Please fall in line," Joon Bin said and everyone went to their respected positions. You were at the very last of the line which made you less nervous because you didn't like being first.

"Where is Wonpil? Has anyone have seen him?" Joon Bin asked. Nobody answered. He was looking at the papers he was holding disapproving with Wonpil's absence. "If ever he shows up, he'll be at the end of the line," he said and left. You thought for a bit and realized, if Wonpil will show up he will be your partner. The idea was ridiculous and unreasonable for you so you prayed so hard that he'll not show up.

Your turn was coming up soon and you were so happy that there were no signs of Wonpil. You started practicing your line again.

Finally, it was your turn. You walked on stage and stoped at the center. "Good morning. I'm Dr. Y/N. As a liscesned practitioner. I will provide treatments according to my conscience and honor. I will disregard any race, religion, nationality, political afflifation or social status when it comes to fulfilling my duty to my patients," you said and smiled. Your speech was inspired to what Kang Moyeon from Descendants of the Sun said on the last episode. You liked that drama the most and you've watched it almost more than ten times. Everyone clapped and you smiled at them again. You were about to go back to backstage but then someone talked.

It was Wonpil.

He was walking from backstage slowly approaching you. He stoped right beside you and smiled. You examined him and he was wearing an army outfit. Army coat, army pants and even combat shoes, it was complete. He holds a microphone on his left hand and started his short speech.

"Good morning everyone. I am Kim Wonpil, your reliable soldier. I always protect beautiful women, the elderly and children. That's the rule I live by."

You were shocked by his short speech. It was Captain Yoo's on Descendants of the Sun.

He looked at you again and said, "We are not bumping into each other's path. We are meant to meet again. Did you miss me?"

~
author's mental block up there lmao.

ANW, I MISS UPDATING. HAIL SWEG JAE MIDTERMS ARE FINISHED.

-dontgosummer♡