24. the plan | 성진

haewon: im gonna be at seoul in ten minutes! see you!

You sighed as you read Haewon's , your friend, message. He has liked you for at least three years now and he hasn't given up on you even if you've rejected him for multiple times already. He is a nice guy, but you only see him as a friend.

sungjin_real is online

asdfghjkl_: today is the day you pay your debts to me park sungjin

sungjin_real: just tell him u dont like him and dont add jokes at the end so he'll take it seriously.

asdfghjkl_: i cant u know? im afraid to hurt him. he is my friend. just come at the café at 2:30 and stick to the plan

sungjin_real: wouldn't it hurt him more if you'll say you have a bf?

asdfghjkl_: he will but i think it's the only way to stop him from liking me. and i never made his hopes high so¿

seen.

asdfghjkl_: just stick to the plan.

sungjin_real: why do i need to pretend to be your bf >_> <_<

asdfghjkl_: u need to pay your debts to me u know. and u need to help ur friend at all costs. that's what are friends for

asdfghjkl_: bye sungjin! see you!

asdfghjkl_ is offline

You picked a random shirt at your closet and toped it on your white long sleeves. You looked at your window and it was raining. It feels tiresome to go anywhere in this kind of weather but you wanted to meet Haewon and stop his feelings for you.

After tying your shoelace, you grabbed your jacket and went off to the café.

You walked in fast pace so you'll arrive in the café immediately. The rain was also pouring a bit hard now but with the little cover of the hood of your jacket and its long sleeves, you were kept dry.

After some blocks, you arrived at the café. It was crowded but you spotted Haewon right away. He was sitting just near the counter area.

He cathched a sight of you so he waved at you. You approached him and sat. "Hi," you said.

"Are you okay? It's raining outside and you're wearing thin clothes," he asked witha tine of concern.

"Yes, I am," you answered. The atmosphere was a bit awkward. But Haewon tried to lift up the mood by telling stories when he was out of town. You remained silent and just nods on his stories.

"I am very happy you showed up today," he said. "I always show up," you commented.

"What I meant was, I think I'm getting dumped today. You're meeting up with me, you reply on my texts, so that would've mean I have a chance right?" he asked.

"About thatㅡ"

You spotted Sungjin and nodded at him to come immediately to your table. He seemed to understand what you gestured so he went to you as soon as possible.

"I actually invited someone to be with us today," you said to Haewon.

Then, Sungjin is now standing right beside you. "Haewon, I want you to meet Sungjin," you introduced. Subgjin bowed a bit and smiled. He reached out his arm for a hand shake and Haewon accepted it. "Please have a sit," Haewon said. Sungjin sitted right next to you.

"Would you like anything?" Haewon asked to Sungjin.

"No, I'm okay. I'm just gonna pick up Y/N," Sungjin said. Thank God, Sungjin is sticking to the plan.

"By any chance-" Haewon was cut mid-sentence by Sungjin.

"Yes, she is my girlfriend," he said and wrapped his arms on your shoulders. "She was afraid to reject you but seeing her meet you and texting you, I think it hurts me. She only sees you just a friend so I hope you won't bother my girlfriend anymore," Sungjin said. Wow, Sungjin actually said that, you thought.

"I'm sorry," you said to Haewon. Sungjin stood up from his seat and you did too. He removed his jacket and suprisingly, he gave it to you. It was not part of the plan but it made the both of you look like a real couple.

As you got out from the café, he opened his umbrella. Since it was too small for the both of you, it's almost like Sungjin is hugging you when you walked to his car, sharing just the small cover of it from the rain. His car was parked just infront of the café. With the transparent glass wall of the café, you saw Haewon still looking at you. You felt a bit sad for him, but it's better to stop him now and not when it's too late.

Sungjin opened the car door for you then he sat on the driver's seat. He was about to start the engine then he saw you struggling at putting your seatbelt, so he helped you.

"Waah, Sungjin! You're good at playing your role," you commented.

He started the engine and drive. You closed your eyes and was about to take a nap but suddenly you felt someone hold your hand.

It was Sungjin.

"Yah. You can stop now. Haewon is not around anymore," you said.

"No, we are officially dating starting from today," he said, smirking.

"whAT? No way!" you said and tried to pull your hand off.

"You don't like it?" he asked and took a glance of you.

You thought for a moment. Sungjin is a nice guy. He's been there at your worsts and bests moments. He was your partner in crime. He's cute at times too.

"You don't like to be my girlfriend?" he asked once more.

"No, it's actually... okay I guess," you answered. He chuckled then he kissed your hand before saying, "I like you too."

.

sorry for late update~

i loveya'all // park's ♡
-dontgosummer