Guardian Angel

Trigger Warning: suicidal thoughts and attempts and depression and previous cutting but none in this chapter:Trigger Warning

I noticed him. I notices the way his hand balled up into a fist. I noticed how he lightly brushed his knuckles on the locker,then released the fist so just his fingertips did. I noticed how everyone talked to the other two Lightwood children but not him. I noticed how he was screaming for help and no one was listening. I listened.

Alec's Pov

"Another day,another slay!"I hear my sister Izzy say to my brother Jace after he beat up a couple because they were a gay couple.

"Another day,one less to go"Was my motto.

I was unhappy in life and ready for it to be over. But no one noticed. No one noticed how I always wear long sleeved sweaters. No one noticed how I was always pulling them down. No one noticed how my own mind is driving me insane and is my own personal hell. No one noticed me.

~

I was walking home from school by myself. Except I wasn't going home I was going to the bridge. I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take the homophobics. I couldn't take the pressure from my parents. I shouldn't have to but I will if I continue living.

I had arrived. I wipe my shaking,sweaty hands on my jeans and stand on the edge.

"You know you could fall and die if you were to slip" A voice says behind me. I don't turn to look and see who it is.

"That's the plan"I say kicking a pebble from the ledge down into the churning water below.

"But then they win"he says before standing on the ledge with me. I take a look at his face and he was gorgeous. He looked so heavenly he could have been an angel.

"Why do you care?"I ask barely over a whisper. Did I want them to win? To know that they got to me? He doesn't answer instead he says.

"If you jump I jump"

"No-you can't jump that's crazy you'll die" I say.

"And you wont?"He asks. I let his words sink in. I would die if I jumped off of this bridge. Before I had looked at death as some unfathomable thing out of reach. But now as I stand here on this ledge about to step off of it I realize what death is. Death is not something to need or want. Death is to encourage us.

Not to leave this world. Death is to encourage us to live. To tell your parents you are gay because it doesn't matter if they don't accept you because you do. To stop hiding your scars but rather show them as proof of what you have overcome. As proof that you are strong. And that's what I will do. I will live.

I step off of the ledge and turn looking for thw mysterious man. He was gone. I spin in a full circle and peer over the bridge he was no where to be seen. I want to thank him. I think the only way to do that is live.

This isn't the one-shot I was talking about in the previous one. I wrote this at 4 am. I hope y'all enjoy it and that none of you feel this way. If you are reading this and even if your not you are beautiful and strong.

Bai!