House Of Memories

NOT A SONG FIC! but the title is also a song by Panic! At the Disco if you wanna listen.

Au malec is very old in age btw

Magnus's POV

We lived in the suburbs and were the classic suburban family except for the fact we were gay.

The door bell rings and I get up from my comfortable spot on the couch. I was in sweat pants and one of Alec's old sweaters.

I open the door and see Carol from the cold-a-sack in her hands she had a glass dish covered in tin foil no doubt casserole. Thats what everyone has been bringing.

"I made this for you"She says handing me the dish.

"Thank you"I say.

"How ya holdin up?"She asks with a look of sympathy.

"Fine"I say which is somewhat true the worst of it was over now all that was left was an empty hole.

"Good,good"She says.

"Yeah, thank you"I say gesturing to the dish.

"No problem bye,and just know it gets better"She says before walking down the path and toward her house.

How would you know? I think to myself her husband was still alive.

I take the dish into the kitchen and set it on the table. I had no more space in the refrigerator.

I peel a corner of the foil off and as guessed it was casserole. The thirtieth one. I wish the kids had stayed a little longer then they could have taken some because I am probably gonna end up throwing most of it away.

I walk down the hall and stop and look at the first picture me and Alec had taken as a couple and as friends. I smile as I remember how much Alec complained about taking a picture.

I then move on to the next picture which was Alec holding our first born Maxine. An old friend of mine was the carrier and I provided my sperm.

The next was a family photo of us,our children and grandchildren it was taken a few weeks ago and was the last picture Alec ever took.

I walk past Raphael's old room and smile at the dent from where he and Alec had hit the wall with a baseball when it was raining outside and they still wanted to practice.

I might not have Alec but I had a house of our memories.

HOPE Y'ALL LIKED IT : )