Chapter 13 - I Can't Sleep

Ciel's Pov:

"For one night only, right?" I questioned Sebastian after he finished reading me the most recent letter from Lord (L/n).

"Yes my lord, now, would it be alright for him and his servants to stay over for one night while his manor gets sprayed down?"

According to the letter, (Y/n) had a recent break out of mice just like me a few months back. I had to stay over at someone else's manor as well while the mice were removed overnight.

"Yes he is allowed." I finally answered. Some part of me felt different, like I couldn't wait for him to get here or something. I'm not sure what it was but it bothered me alot.

-Time Skip-

"Thank you Ciel, I appreciate it alot." (Y/n) smiled before bowing. I felt myself smirk a bit and bowed as well.

"No problem, Sebastian has already set up guest bedrooms for all of you. If there are any problems please notify me or the servants. Now... dinner is just around the corner so until then why don't we all get situated into our rooms?"

"Yes sir!" All of (Y/n)'s servants bowed. What were their names again?.....Casper, Joshua...Victor? No it was Victoria and uhhh Lillian! Casper, Joshua, Victoria, and Lillian.

"Ciel?"

"Hmm?" I questioned, turning to (Y/n). When I looked, his face was slightly red and he avoided eye contact with me.

"How am I going to hide my ears and tail from the others, only Sebastian and you know and I want to keep it like that. Of course my servants know along with Claude but I don't want them to know.." He said while motioning to Finny, Bard, Meyrin, Tanaka, and Snake. I forgot about his little secret. I then decided I'd let the servants retire to their chambers earlier than usual that night.

-Time Skip-

(Y/n)'s Pov:

Once the servants had left for bed around 8, I sighed happily as I took off my hat and coat. I was sweating like crazy and hated it.

"Tokki what are you doing?!?"

"It's fine Victoria, they know." I quickly responded to calm her and the others down.

"Young Tokki, your hair is a mess." Claude said while coming up to me, he had a damp napkin and wiped the sweat away from my fore head while combing my hair. I loved it when people played with my hair, I instantly relaxed and closed my eyes while leaning my head into his hand.

Sebastian chuckled, "you seem to be quite tired Lord (L/n). Would you like for me to show you to your room?"

"No but thank you, I'm just a little overheated.." I reassured the butler.

Ciel's Pov:

"How about a game of cards?" I suggested after their short conversation. They all seemed to agree with me because no one was tired yet and we had nothing else to do that night.

"Alright Sebastian go get them." I sent him off. Once the cards had arrived I explained the game that we would be playing. Everything was set and ready and so I started the game.

-Time Skip-

"Ahh, you won again!" (Y/n) complained for the third time already. I simply chuckled before stacking up all the cards from everyone. Even with two demons playing, I still won.

"Usually someone would be impressed by my Yong master's skills at games but instead you hate it." Sebastian pointed out.

"Alot." I added. (Y/n) simply huffed and yawned.

"Yes I really hate it, I swear you are a cheater but you arent. I watched you intensly through each round, I say you just got lucky."

We all laughed as he sat there angrily, arms crossed along with a very light pout. I could tell he didn't like losing.

"My my why it is midnight, your bedtime was 2 hours ago my Tokki. Let's get you off the bed, you do seem pretty tired." Claude spoke up. (Y/n) nodded his head lightly as his eyes shut.

"I guess time passes alot faster when you're having fun." He hummed lightly while standing up.

"You had fun losing?" I questioned, proud of my victory.

"Alright Phantomhive I'd shut it if I were you or else I'm going to eat your paperwork again."

I chuckled lightly as he shot back.

"Come along now Young Tokki..." Claude lead while taking (Y/n) off to bed. They then went to bed along with the other servants which left Sebastian and I to collect the cards and head off to bed as well.

-Later That Night-

(Y/n)'s Pov:

I'm not sure what it was, it's wasn't a nightmare no, but I had suddenly woken up at 2 in the morning. I sat up in bed and groaned lightly while stretching, I sat there for a bit trying to go back to sleep but I couldnt.

"Maybe I should just go for a small walk." I mumbled to myself while getting out of bed. My warm feet met the cold carpet and exposed legs met the cold air, I felt shivers run everywhere and I shook a bit.

"Too late now..." I whispered, looking back at my bed as I entered the hallway. The wooden floor was even more cold and I shivered more while walking to the open living room. Once there, I settled onto a couch near a huge window and simply stared out it at the stary sky. It was very relaxing.
A midnight blue, dark sky, that was covered in little tiny stars while the clouds covered the bright moon and yet th e moon still shone through.

"(Y/n)?"

I turned my head to see Ciel standing in the doorway, he seemed like he just woke up. His hair was a mess and his didn't have his eyepatch accept his right eye stayed close so that I couldn't see what's under it. I guess Claude didn't tell him that I already knew about the contract.

"Oh Ciel, did I wake you?" I worried while standing up.

"No, no you didnt. I just couldn't sleep and decided to get a glass of water but I found you on my way there." He assured.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"Oh I just suddenly woke up and decided to try and relax myself before I went back to sleep." I answered while motioning to the window. Ciel nodded and I walked over.

"I'll be heading back to bed here soon, you should as well after you get that water."

"I will soon but..." Ciel didn't finish his sentence and suddenly grabbed my hand. My eyes widened a bit and I jumped at the sudden touch, his hands were so warm.

"You should head back now, you're freezing to the bone. It's always cold here for the first few nights according to some last guest I had but I've gotten used to it after living here for awhile." He finished while looking up at me in the eyes. My face suddenly got really hot, I was blushing.

"O-Oh okay, thank you then. I'll go sleep now, goodnight Ciel." I stuttered as he let go of my hand.

"Goodnight." He replied before I was off. I almost ran to my bedroom but I decided to walk so I would wake anyone. My face, ears, and neck felt very hot, why did I blush so easily?
Once I made it to my bed, I happily slid under the still warm covers but yet I still could not sleep. I kept thinking about Ciel and the way he suddenly grabbed my hand. The thought made me feel light and my heart rate went up a bit, I breathed deeply to calm myself while closing my eyes. I guess I wasn't expecting it and the sudden warmth suprised me, that's why I was being like this!

"I'll have to get him back for that." I told myself while getting comfortable. Snuggled into the warm pillows, I fell asleep faster than any bunny had ever fallen asleep before.

Hiiii, so I'm writing this at around 6:30 in the morning and that's the reason why the story may seem to quickly wrote and sloppy. I'm very sleepy but I had to update, hope you like my trash 😪😪😪😪💚