Awaken

Authors note:

Been gone 3-5 years and came back to edit and finished this... I have learned a lot has changed since I've been gone. Ren is cannonly a girl so that is being updated, but also i realized i can give you guys something so much better than this. The plot is great but I feel grammar and certain conversations between characters can be better. I am redoing a good bit so be patient with me. Wednesdays are my guaranteed work on fanfiction days. Saturdays and Sunday mornings original works. I will get this finished!

PS art above is mine and is old af I will revamp it one day!

~Chapter 1~

The stars, were breathtaking. The small glimmer of silvery light beyond what looked like the vastness of an abyss. Grown eyes gazed emptily at them, emotions slowly trying to surface but what kind? Everything felt so fuzzy and conflicted as memories tried to surface... But nothing came.

(Why am I here?) he thought. (Why was it so cold, so lonely... So very lonely.)

Shifting over the owner of those brown eyes also noticed that they were in what looked to be ruins and... He was not alone. Brown hair fell over his cheeks as he rose to sit up, brown eyes staring at two youths. Two young girls around the same age. One with brown hair and eyes, much like his own, and another with lilac and silvery hair. Both swarmed him with odd emotions. Love, sadness, mourning, guilt, and a tinge of annoyance?

"Do I know you?" He asked, but the children shook their heads.

The brunette of the two girls walked up with a soft smile. "But we would like you to."

~~

Three years had passed since that fateful day. The kids had become accustomed to the Mortal made pureblood and grew a strong bond. But sadly, the man's memories never truly returned, just fragments of his emotions seemed to grow.

Ai woke up early that day, laying in her bed motionless as she thought over these 3 years and what to do from here forward.

Kaname had grown in these three years unlike them, the appearance of a young adult. Roughly 23 or so appearance wise. His hair was cut shorter than before and his energy had changed quite a bit, he at first had an oddness around Ren. It was not hate or anything negative... It was more, just caution? Probably the blood history this man held with Zero... Oh how she missed her other father.

Ai whisked herself away from her bedroom and skipped down a flight of stairs as her mind wandered and stopped her haste, becoming still the moment she reached the main hall in this manner.

Her memories of the last time she saw the silver-headed male flooded her so suddenly, her mood becoming poor. She was saddened by the fact that it had been so long, they wanted to go back but, with their mother dead now and the vampires loose with no leader. It was hard, how could they bring Kaname to their home and keep him safe until he remembered everything again?

Ai vaguely remembered her mother talking about what made her finalize the choice to bring back Kaname now. Zero had nearly died several years ago due to taking over the now passed on chairman's position in the hunter association.

He gained a large target on his back due to now being a part of BOTH sides. Vampire nobles and hunters. A high rank on both accounts due to being married to the leader, Yuki, and being the adopted son of Toga and Cross.

It was viewed as "too much power" for a human turned vampire, and Yuki decided that this would be her reason to finally leave to do what she desired most. Bring back Kaname to take her place of the nobles, and keep the vampires in check from killing Zero.