Chapter Seven: An Introduction ✔️

An Introduction

For the first time in forever, Audrey woke up early with the complete breakfast, eggs, pancakes and orange juice, and she had an outfit problem. She arrived very early unlike yesterday, five minutes before Jacob yapped about tardiness.

Audrey headed up to the designers' room and waited as time passed by. A rumor arise that Jessica was to resume to work, today. She has been gone for three days, using the excuse that she had the bad case of the stomach flu. Audrey called and texted her several times but she wouldn't return her calls or message her back. Audrey deserved a reasonable answer for her absences.

Audrey headed up to Jacob's office, after ten minutes. No one was there yet. It gave her spare time to explore around the area. She wanted to be familiar with the place. She was his assistant, after all.

Jacob arrived.

Audrey arose from her seat and handed him his requested coffee. "Got it for you this morning. It's still hot."

"Thank you," Jacob said and drank his coffee.

Audrey just nodded. "So where are we going to?"

"A meeting," he said. "Let's go!"

Jacob drove a different vehicle today. This one was a silver Mercedes Benz SUV.

"Where do I sit?" Audrey asked.

"On the seats," he replied jokingly.

"No, I mean where in the front or back?" Audrey protested.

"Just sit in the front," he said.

Audrey opened the car door gently to prevent any kind of scratches from happening. There might be a random post around nearby that she might accidentally hit.

"Audrey, you're forgetting something!" Jacob said when she sat on the passenger seat.

"What?" Audrey questioned.

"Never mind!" he said exasperated and moved closer to Audrey.

Audrey froze. Jacob moved closer below the chest of Audrey. She backed away slowly but his scent was strong. Expensive men perfume lingered in the air. His head turned towards the direction of her seat belt and pulled it, slowly backing away and buckled her seat belt.

"Safety first" he assured and buckled his own seat belt.

"Course, no accidents!" Audrey said, merely smiling.

She felt cartwheels and summersaults in her stomach. She swallowed hard.

"So, where's this meeting at?" she asked.

"Well, you'll know when we get there," he responded rudely.

Audrey nodded and sat quietly on her seat, looking through the window to prevent awkward short conversations and stares.

Fashion Avenue was known for the high class, expensive brands, famous designers and the famous fashion shows. Tall buildings and skyscrapers crowded the area. Women came in and out of stores with bags of branded clothes, shoes, handbags and everything.

They held big fashion show meetings every year in Fashion Avenue. Big companies and designers participated to showcase and launch their designs. It was a long week of fashion trends.

"So this is Fashion Avenue!" Audrey exclaimed.

"Yes, where women's dreams are fulfilled," Jacob said. "Come on, we might be already late for the meeting."