Chapter Five: The Proposal ✔

The Proposal

As the swung open, Audrey's anticipation couldn't be stop. Apartment 503, unfortunately belonged to someone else.

"Jessi-," She uttered and stopped to look up.

"Hello, dear," an old lady greeted dressed in a granny floral night gown and her hair up in rollers. Her eyes glinted with joy and a smile went with it.

"Mrs. Gorge? I thought this was Jessica's apartment," Audrey questioned nicely as she can even if anger was boiling inside.

"No, dear," Mrs. Gorge objected. "Jessica moved to another apartment."

"She did?" Audrey questioned with complete confusion flushed on her face. "How?"

"I do know she still stays on the same building and if I'm not mistaken the same floo-"

"I just saw her in the same room just earlier," Audrey interrupted the old lady.

"In this apartment?" Mrs. Gorge questioned. "How did you see her?"

"I looked through..." Audrey stopped, hesitating for a bit and gave herself a few seconds to rethink her response. "Oh, I just... She umm- Jessica never informed me that she moved apartments."

"Oh, okay, a bit of confusion," Mrs. Gorge smiled. "Where are my manners? Come in, Audrey."

Audrey shook her head politely. "No need, Mrs. Gorge. It's getting late. I'm just gonna head home.

"Okay, take care dear," Mrs. Gorge said and wished her a good night.

"You too, Mrs. Gorge," Audrey responded back and started her way to the elevator.

This was another big issue they had to resolve. Jessica had never mentioned anything about switching her apartments. Audrey knew that her apartment was always room 503. She'd always visited her everyday when Jessica first got her apartment.

As Audrey laid on her bed, she thought about a lot of things inside her head. This was another sleepless night. It was just like the other nights when things went badly with Ethan and her.

The next day at the office was a complete disaster for Audrey. She had a terrible morning with a coffee stain on her white blouse, her hair and face a mess and a throbbing pain in her head.

When she arrived at the office, she was greeted by Linda. "Morning Audrey! Oh you don't look so well," Linda said with concern.

"Yeah, I know," Audrey responded. "Coffee stain, messy hair and eye bags on my eye bags."

"Oh, I was talking about your outfit," Linda corrected. "It's a mess!"

"What do you mean? I dress like this all the time," Audrey asked merely offended with Linda's observations.

"You do?" Linda said and smiled to conceal the embarrassment. "I mean it's lovely, dear.

"Okay," she responded and headed to her office.

She sat on her desk with her head down and her hand was the only support she had to keep it up. Her eyes, barely opened to see what was happening.

"Audrey, you okay?" asked a very soft, gentle and sweet voice.

A woman dressed in a skirt dress stood in front of Audrey's desk, handing her a glass of cool water. It was Angela Morgan another designer at the company. Angel and Audrey also shared a list of similarities and it didn't take so long for the two to get along.

"Yeah, I just overslept and now I have massive headache," Audrey responded as she took the glass cup from the woman's hand.

"Awe, that's too bad!"