Chapter Fourteen: The Preparation

The Preparation

Days were occupied as ever.

Just two more days until the 2014 New York Fashion Show. Workers were so engrossed to finish the hard labor. Models rehearsal how to strut in high heels every single day. Designers were coming up with new drawings of shoes, trying to figure out the outline and the perfect pattern it matches best in . Shoe makers hurried to complete the designer's desired shoes.

When the shoe turned out to be a disaster, Jacob made them take a redo, starting from scratch. Jacob wanted to prove his father wrong. Not that his father doubted him, but wanted to show that he was capable of running a company. He wanted to drop a bombshell. His only job was not to embarrass the company.

Stress, stress, stress. It said on all the employees faces.

With all the work happening, Audrey had almost completely forgot about the whole Jessica thing but never forgot about the Jacob thing. She had dreams about him every night. He would sweep her away in his arms and carry her to the castle where they lived happily ever after. Sadly, this was a reality, not your daydreams.

I bet she still slept with his shirt. Of course, she does.

Jessica was still arriving at work, helping out for the fashion show. But she came to work for only one thing, forgiveness. From time to time, Audrey received various text messages from her stating that she was very sorry. Jessica couldn't do anything, but give Audrey time and space to cope.

Since eight o'clock in the morning, they've been working very hard to complete their jobs. When the clock strikes twelve, the building was immediately evacuated. Everyone exulted in joy and gusto. All were in a rush to leave for their lunch break. They were on such a tight schedule today so Jacob decided to cut their lunch. It went from an hour and forty-five minutes to an hour only. It took place the whole five days. The majority of them were in a bad mood the entire day.

Audrey and Alexis were the only two left in the designers room. Everyone else fled like a wild goose. After adding last minute details to her design, Audrey decided to invite Alexis out to lunch. Alexis was still fixing things up. She rather seems like to be in a bad mood. She didn't squeak too much today or said a word. From what Audrey observed, that wasn't the Alexis she met the last few weeks ago.

Is she on her period or she's just having one of those bad days?

Audrey thought, maybe if she invited her out to lunch, she'll be okay. So mustered all her breath and decided to speak to her.

"Alexis," Audrey bit out.

Alexis quickly dropped her pen and took a quick glanced at Audrey and quickly continued her work.

"I was wondering if you wanted to get some tacos with me down at Taco Bell," Audrey said, biting her lower lip. "You seem... Ugh like in a bad mood. I was hoping tacos might turn that frown upside down."

Alexis showed a faint smile. "Sorry Audrey for that, but I don't seem like in a good mood today." She looked back down, "I just want to stay here for a while. You can go without me."

"Oh, I'll just stay here then. With you," she said with a warm smile.

Alexis smiled back. "I appreciate it Audrey, but you don't need to do that. I'll be fine."

"You sure?" Audrey asked sincerely.

It looked like Alexis was about to tear but she forced it in and said in a stern voice, "Yes, I'm positive."