Chapter Two: The Arrival of the New Boss ✔️

A/N

Some minor changes in the story. In the other chapters, it may say 2014, but it's going to change to the year of 2010. So remember edited chapters have check marks.

The Arrival of the New Boss

"No! No! Why?" Audrey cried. Her laptop had shutdown completely before she was going to see the familiar looking face due to low battery. She kept pressing the switch button, but the screen remained blank.

"When a completely good, unexpected thing happen, you fail laptop," she ranted to herself. She continuously pressed random buttons to ease her frustration. "You stupid old thing, watch me get a new laptop and you'll be jealous."

She rested her forehead on her hand, reminding herself, "You're talking to a computer, an object, Audrey. An object!"

It was midnight and Audrey was tired and stressed about this whole get to meet new people or you'll own fifty cats by the time you're thirty. It was essential and critical to get over Ethan Hooks and move on with her life. Ethan probably forgot all about her already. Besides, if she wasn't going to get over Ethan, a nagging Jessica will be on her case.

She wasn't going to repeat her routine when she felt nothing but pain and heartache. She wasn't going to eat ice cream, watch cliche romance movies or listen to heartbreak songs till she fell asleep. She was going to live a life as an independent woman, a single woman who was ready to take the world.

Again, Audrey woke up late but Jessica wasn't at her beck and call to remind her about work . She was awoken by the loud busy streets of New York City. She heard a loud, pitch ring and it alarmed her.

"Oh no! I did it again!" she exclaimed and an unpleasant headache greeted her.

Today wasn't the best just like the other day. As usual, she ran to the shower, put on the ordinary office clothes, ate a burnt toast and hurried her way to catch a taxi.

"Audrey you made it just in time," said Jessica sarcastically, handing her a cup of coffee.

"I did?" she asked innocently, drinking the cup of coffee.

"No, it's passed nine o'clock,' Jessica snapped."What again? Eating ice cream and listening to Adele's album?"

Audrey rolled her eyes and indicated, "Hey! I wasn't repeating my daily routine. Actually, I was trying that video chat thing. I swear, I never found even a single decent guy but there was this guy. He looked familiar. I swear he looked like-"

"Ethan,"Jessica interrupted. "Not again.

Audrey didn't want to hear Jessica's lecture that she kept repeating again and again and again. If she really wanted her to forget about him, leave Audrey to it and she'll forget about him on her own.

"Audrey, forget about him-"

"I know Ethan," Audrey completed."I get it. I should move on. Live an independent life without a man by my side."

"Exactly!" Jessica exclaimed.

Suddenly, Jessica's phone rang. She rummaged through her purse in search of her phone. When she finally found it, she took a quick glance and ignored it.

"Jessica, are you going to answer that?" asked Audrey.

"Huh... No, we better go." She uttered.

They went along to their desks and continued off with their individual jobs.

London, England, January 15, 2010

A long line of senior citizens were aligned to enter the plane first. Business class were allowed to enter anytime. There stood Jacob Harris in a dark grey v-neck sweater and black jeans, awaiting for all seniors to aboard the plane.