Chapter Eight: The Girl in the Pictures

The Girl in the Pictures

Early morning, Audrey was called to the office. Jacob had told her that they were having another company meeting about the Annual Fashion Show. This time they were talking about the models who were going to display their designs. As she waited, she fell asleep.

Suddenly, a voice was calling her name. "Audrey! Audrey! Audrey!"

Audrey suddenly put her head up and was awoken by the loud voice. She cleared her vision and was shock to finally see Jessica.

"JESSICA!" Audrey yelled.

"Audrey!" Jessica said excitedly and ran up to her to hug her.

Audrey had no choice to hug back. Audrey was still mad at her. She didn't even tell her very own best friend, where she has been. Audrey suddenly pinched Jessica on her hand and said, "I hate you! Where have you been?"

"Sorry Audrey! I've been ummm..." Jessica was hesitating to say something.

"Come on! Spill!" Audrey demanded.

"I went back home to Massachusetts because of my... my..." Jessica hesitated more and looked around for something to say. Then, she saw a picture of a dog. "Because of my dog."

"Your dog? What about your dog?"

"My dog was, umm sick."

"Sick? Since when were you into dogs?"

"Every since I was little!"

"Okay, so you're coming back now?"

"Actually, I'm taking a vacation."

"Vacation? Where? With who?"

"I'm going to the Bahamas Islands!" Jessica scram excitedly.

"Really! With who?"

"Oh ummmmm... Of course Et... Elliot, my dog."

"Elliot, your dog?"

"Yes, with my family of course."

"How many days are you staying there?"

"A week!"

"You only come back now and you're leaving again. I miss hanging out with you Jessica!" Audrey said sadly.

"Awe, I know! I miss you too! But I promise, when I get back I'm going to surprise you!"

"It better be a good one!"

"Of course. So how's Mr. Harris? The hottie," Jessica asked while winking.

"Apparently, I'm his assistant," Audrey said and took a quick glance at the clock hung on the wall. "Blimey! It's nine o'clock."

"Blimey?" Jessica said bewilderedly.

"I've been hanging with a British man lately so yeah. Bye! See you in week."
Audrey gave Jessica a weak smile and left.

Audrey hid the anger inside of her. She didn't want to be cruel and assume that Jessica has been hiding secrets from her. It wasn't in her nature to do such things. She remembered the time she met Jessica. It was at high school. Jessica was the only one to greet her and sit next to her. Having the new girl title was hard. Jessica made her feel welcome. So it was hard for her to throw an eight year friendship away just like that. They do say if a friendship last more then seven years, it's a lifetime. We'll in Audrey's case it's slipping away.

When she entered Jacob's office, a new table was set in the side of his office.

"Audrey, this is your permanent seat. It's complete. It has all the materials and supply you need to design our new launch this coming up summer," Jacob said.