Chapter Three: The Interview ✔️

A/N
I know sometimes readers don't like having a cast, but I really think it does help with the imagining the book play in your head thing. So Happy readings!

The Interview

The interviews were set for today. Last names from letters A to N were first to go and tomorrow the remaining letters will have theirs. Many were nervous. Dealing with the amount of work they all had and an interview stressed everybody out. It determined whether you stay or you go, you're in or out.

Everyone was required to arrive early today so interviews could be done and over with. Audrey sat on her chair, more nervous for Jessica whose interview took place today. The intercom announced that Greg Albany was needed in Jacob's office.

"Jessica aren't you worried?" Audrey asked.

"Why would I? I was hired because I was capable of this job as a designer in this company." Jessica answered confidently. "Mr. Harris wouldn't hire just anyone. He hired you because you have potential and balls to do the job."

Jessica Hughes was always a very competitive and confident person. Unlike Audrey, she could live independently without a man's companionship. With negative outcomes of each relationship she entered, she decided that she didn't need a man to satisfy her needs and make her happy. Ever since her relationship with big-head Dylan Holmes, she remained single for the past years.

At the designers' room, Audrey sketch a pair of shoes thinking of a new design for the annual summer gala. She drew a simple, but elegant flat shoe embellished with lace. It looked very intricate to copy.

Jessica sneaked behind Audrey's back and grabbed her sketch pad. "Ah! Sketching to impress the boss," she teased, examining her work carefully. "Pretty, good! Maybe you can show him."

"Ugh no. I'm just sketching." Audrey answered, seriously. "I have no intention of showing him either."

"Hmm... Okay" Jessica replied. "I got a question for you. Don't you think he's cute though?"

"Dunno, I-"

"C'mon! I know you when you're attracted to a person. You tend to stare and become in a weary state. You're like... Like you can't find contentment." Jessica pointed out.

"Really, I do that?" Audrey questioned. "I guess he is kinda cute, but I can't."

"Let me guess, you're not ready to mingle with others. C'mon move on already! I'm sure you'll find someone else," Jessica advised. "Now is your chance. Hint, hint."

"Really?" Audrey demurred. "Oh, he's the boss and he wouldn't go for a lowly, dainty, timid girl like me. Maybe, now's your chance. You're a beautiful, poised, confident woman."

Jessica shook her head, lightly, disagreeing with Audrey's statement. "Don't think like that! Social class and looks isn't everything. What matters most is the inside. You're a great, significant person, Audrey. Any guy would be stupid to not chose you."

"Thanks, Jessica!"

"You're welcome, best!" They shared a quick hug. A rumble from Jessica's stomach sounded. "Oh there goes my stomach. Wanna go eat now?" she asked.

"Sure," Audrey replied. "And you better get fed. You're up next Jessica."

"Like I said, I don't care!"

An hour later, Jessica's interview took place. She wasn't worried at all. She actually thought this was all a scheme to scare people. Mr. Harris wouldn't approve of firing loyal workers who've been in the company for years. Jacob would be demented if he did that. As for Audrey, she continued off with her designs.