Chapter Twenty One: The Departure

A/N

Last Chapter! The title pretty much says it all. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Sit back, relax and Read!

The Departure

As soon as the sun rose, Jacob was up on his feet, driving around to get things out off his mind. He drove to the bridge before any traffic occur.

As Jacob stood there, he watched as the golden ray of sunlight came beaming into the night sky illuminating the whole city. The sky was dancing with golden light. The birds came flying in, chirping their beautiful hums.

Jacob stood still inhaling the fresh air and closed his eyes to feel the perfect moment. He remember doing this every morning as a child. He got off of bed early, looking through his window pane, watching the sunrise. Right now, he felt as if the world disappeared and faded into his own.

When he opened his eyes, he was back to reality. He put his hands inside his front pockets and sighed aloud. He felt a tiny pendant inside his pockets and pulled it out.

It was Audrey's necklace.

He held the necklace by the chain and placed the diamond pendant in the center of his palm.

The necklace reminded him more of Audrey. He knew they were never going to happen even if he confess his love for her. It brought back pain and makes it harder for him to heal the wounds.

He let the pedant go and held the chain tightly in his hand. "Goodbye Audrey," he whispered closely to the necklace. He closed his eyes and gave the necklace a quick kiss.

He was thinking of dropping the necklace into the water and forget about Audrey. He slowly let each bead go until he held the last bead on his finger. He pressed his fingers hard, crushing his fingers against the bead.
The diamond pendant was hanging on the chain so close to the water, shimming with the light given from the golden sun high up in the sky.

He didn't want to waste such a beautiful necklace. He reeled it back in and tightly crushed it into his palm. If Audrey and himself didn't work out as a couple, he didn't want to throw away their friendship he treasured for so long.

He secured the necklace inside his coat and enjoyed the rest of his morning, watching the birds fly higher into the sky.

***

"Audrey!" Jessica hollered as she held a blue box and a tiny stationary envelope in her hand.

Audrey was busy doodling into her journal pouring her feelings into her writing. "What is it?"

Jessica sat by Audrey and handed her the box and letter. "I found this outside of your condo by the door," Jessica said and handed it to Audrey.

Audrey put her notebook down on the table and reached for the box and letter. She felt apprehensive about this and slowly opened the box. She squinted her eyes to prevent any surprises from happening. She only found her diamond necklace tucked deeply inside its box neatly.

Audrey sat up and all the pressure went down. "It's my necklace," she assured Jessica.

"The one Jacob give you?" Jessica clarified as she crossed her hands against her chest.

"Yes, the one Jacob gave me the night of the show," Audrey reassured.

"How about the letter?" Jessica asked. "I'm pretty sure it's from Jacob too."

Captain Obvious.

Audrey grabbed the letter and unsealed it. It had a strong scent of men's perfume. The letter had a crest in between the middle and was folded three times. Audrey unfolded it and began to read it.