Chapter Twelve: The Comfort of Prince Charming

The Comfort of Prince Charming

Audrey had her hands on her face and shield herself for protection.

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" the car honked.

Audrey had not scream in terror. She was silent and watch the lights flashing before her. She thought was this it? Was she going to die like this? Is it wrong to fall in-love with someone who never even cared about you?

Yes, it is!

Then she heard a voice calling her.

"Audrey, Audrey?" the voice said.

Audrey thought. Was this an angel calling her name? She just stood there and awaited for the next thing to happen.

"Audrey!" it called again.

Audrey removed her hands from her face and noticed a black SUV so closed to her chest. Her vision started to blur and saw a silhouette of a man approaching her.

"Audrey!" the man called.

Audrey squinted her eyes and tried to get a better view of the man. The man extended his arms and tried to reach Audrey's hands.

"Audrey are you crazy! I almost crashed into you!" Jacob called.

"Jacob," Audrey said barely in a whisper.

Audrey came running into Jacob, hugged him tightly. She buried her face on his chest, sobbing harder and harder. Her mascara had pour into a mess and onto Jacob's white shirt. Jacob didn't know what to do but rub circles on her back gently. He had stayed quiet and give comfort to Audrey.

It must've been years, until Audrey and Jacob broke apart. She was still sobbing and wiping her tears with her hands. Jacob handed her a white handkerchief.

"Audrey, it's okay. We should get out of here." he said and held her on the shoulders.

She said no words but nodded. He opened the front door of his car and lead Audrey inside.

During the car ride, Audrey had fallen asleep and Jacob had no intention in bothering her. Instead of taking her home, he driven to his penthouse.

When they arrived there, Jacob carried Audrey to his penthouse. Through the elevators and through the halls, good thing there were not much people at this late hour. Jacob had come from a long business meeting about the stats of his company.

When he finally reached his suite, he removed Audrey's heels and unstrapped it. He placed her on the couch for a second and wanted to fix his bedroom for her.

His room was quite big but cozy. A king size bed was placed in the center of the room and a gigantic, steel made frame laid beneath the mattress. He replaced his old bed and pillow sheets with white sheets. He had even put a comforter on.

He quickly returned to Audrey and carried her to his bedroom. He tucked her in tightly and placed a pillow on the side for her to hug at night. He got a wet towel and started to wipe Audrey's face a little. After doing this, he closed the door gently and wished her a good night.

Minutes later Audrey was awoken by a sound of television. It was coming from the other room. She awoken with tons of pillows to her side and a tightly tucked blanket. She noticed this wasn't her own room. It looked too pretty compared to hers. She stood up from the bed and decided to adventure around.

"Hello?" Audrey called as she walked into the halls. She could still hear the sound of television from the other room.

Was this a horror movie or something? Was I raped? No, I would have been strip naked. But I hate all this tense and suspense! Where am I? Audrey thought to herself.