Epilogue

Two Years Later

Piles of crumpled paper were dumped into the trash can bin. The lighting was very poor and dim. Click, click, click was all you heard echoing across the room. A mug of coffee was needed at a time like this.

Audrey sighed loudly. She removed her glasses and put it down. She wagged her head and rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes. She took a quick sip of her coffee.

After chugging the leftover coffee in her mug, a bell ring from her laptop. Jessica sent a request for a video chat. Audrey accepted the video call.

"Audrey!" greeted Jessica as she placed a baby girl on her lap.

"Jessica! Long time no see!" Audrey squeaked. "Look at baby Ally! She's so cute."

Jessica and Ethan were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl which they named Allyson Marisa, Hughes Hooks.

Baby Allyson held a rattle in her hand as her mother hoisted her up. "Yeah, she's getting a lot heavier than before," Jessica informed.

"At least, she's a healthy baby," Audrey interjected.

"True," Jessica implied. Baby Allyson was getting pretty rough on Jessica's lap as she pressed random buttons on the computer.

"Ally is getting pretty cranky." She yanked on her mother's hair and pulled her ear. "Ow, ow, ow. Ally is getting too rough now."

Audrey laughed as she witness Allyson yanked her mother's hair. "She probably needs a nap."

"Yes, she does," Jessica agreed and called out Ethan. "Ethan, can you put the baby to sleep?"

Jessica handed Allyson to her father who carried a bottle of warm milk for her to sip while she drank milk to sleep. She was set on her crib while Ethan rocked her crib back and forth. Now, Audrey and Jessica had some time alone.

Jessica and Ethan had moved to Australia after a month from Jacob's departure to London. Ethan was offered a higher paying job at Australia and thought life there would be great.

"So how's Australia?" Audrey asked as she put the crumpled papers inside the trash can.

"Pretty good. During the summer, days are actually shorter since days are longer in the northern hemisphere," Jessica replied. "How about there in New York?"

Audrey sighed. "Same old same old."

"Ah, so did you know who showed up in NYC yet?"

Audrey felt some sort of stinging inside her as she thought of Jacob's name. "Oh. Ugh..." Audrey hesitated and looked away from the camera screen.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean too," Jessica apologized.

"No, it's okay. Ever since, I quit my old job, I never heard anything about him. I guess he's happily married with Alexis and has children."

"Awe, Audrey."

"No worries. I'm happy for them. For Jacob."

"Don't worry Audrey. You'll find that special someone. Remember, be patient because he's still writing your love story," Jessica said as she pointed above.

"Thanks Jessica. You like to quote my sayings."

"I learn from the best," Jessica chuckled.

"Jessica!" Ethan called from the other room.

"Yes?" Jessica hollered back.

"It's almost twelve!"

"Well there goes the bell. Audrey, I have to go. It's almost midnight here."