PART I

PART ONE:

Feathers

"I don't know if I should kiss you or kill you"
"You are the only person allowed to do both"

"Life has a habit of beating you into the ground.

Finds its way behind your ribs and

makes a battlefield there.

Love or hate-it's always about war.

Offered gods or faith as coping mechanisms,

I'm too tired to try the leap.

You taste like metal & blood,

kiss like a man's last gunshot.

I could find religion in your face.

Build a church in the palms of your hands.

Other people make angels out of boys like you.

But I? Choked-up lungs and erratic flight; I

leave too fast to find the light."

- Elisabeth Hewer, The Deserter

Extended Blurb

The body dies but the soul survives... Punished by the gods, Icarus is cursed and doomed to centuries of pain. Reborn every eighteen years, He is bound to fall in pure love with an innocent soul and cause her death. Consumed by flames and born again from the ashes, the ruthless cycle will continue until the end of the days...

But this time, a force has been set up by The Guardians to break the rusted chains which bind Icarus. With the sole mission of protecting humans, the guardians have taken it upon themselves to protect Icarus's love from the peril that awaits her. Cassie, a strong guardian apprentice, is chosen by "The Twelve", the kings and queens Guardians, to take Icarus' mission and save the person who will fall in love with him.

What happens when Cassie discovers her growing feelings for Icarus? Between the games of power, lust and magic, will Cassie be able to see the difference between reality and myths?

There is no time to think, as there is something... someone with a pinch of darkness in his blood that has other plans for them...

+info:

Started writing April 18, 2014.  

Join @mythologicalreads to read and discuss your favorite myths! submit your own myth related story and be part of the growing community and project!