Something

Something

      "This can't be real...our first festival!" exclaimed Lip, his widened eyes filled with joy and his big smile made him look like a cartoon version of himself, but honestly he always looked like one with his colored hair and T-shirts with slogans or prints.

 Mac, Chester, Tate, and Lip stood outside an elegant office building, their black outfits and messy hair contrasted the exclusive neighborhood where they had the meeting with the S.U.N Festival's managers. Everything was arranged but still, none of them could fathom this was actually happening.

"Did you see who is also playing at the festival?" said Chester looking at the program the managers gave out, Wolf Machine, Airhead 27, Criminal Project...pointing and following the words with the paper as close to his eyes as possible he added, "here we are! Within Inferno playing in the main stage at Geradinne Park, 7 P.M."

"Unbelievable!" cheered Tate, genuinely happy as he grabbed the program from Chester. The band had only performed a few songs at small gigs so this was a big opportunity for all four of them. He couldn't wait to feel the rush of being on a stage playing songs he wrote with his friends, the adrenaline of singing his lungs out, and his heart beating along with the loud bold bass.

 He smiled and looked at his band mates, Chester and Lip where both expecting Tate to say something. Mac had a grin on his face, he seemed happy but his reddened eyes and dark circles showed otherwise. Tate thought that maybe he was up all night texting, but actually Mac had spent most of those late hours gathering information about Icarus' myth.

 He was distant and cold, almost showing a certain kind of sad anger...if that unusual emotion even existed.

"Everything alright?" Tate asked Mac with the sincerest of intentions.

"Yes," he replied, his eyes pierced Tate as if he was trying to see right through him. Mac shook his head and smiled, he looked at Philip and Chester "Uncle Jon sent me a message," he said shaking his cell phone in the air, "he says we should go to his office to check out the video, he has a big screen there and a projector" He directed his view at Tate again. "You can invite Cassie, of course."

"With what phone?"

"Oh right...text her with mine." Mac offered his cell phone but Tate just frowned and put his hands on his jeans' pockets.

"Don't worry, I'll just pick her up."

 Tate noticed that Mac's smile vanished, just like he vanished the night before without telling anyone.

"We'll wait for you there," Chester agreed.

"Thanks," Tate replied stepping backwards. "See you there." He turned around and walked heading Cassie's house.

"What do you want?" Cassie yawned. The smeared black make-up under her eyes strangely seemed beautiful and each strand of her tangled hair became somehow fascinating beyond any rational reason for him to feel that way.

"You look good...," Tate couldn't help but say, smiling that unmistakable I-want-you smile.

"Shut up." She pushed him gently but he didn't mind, he was too lost in Cassie's soft sleepy voice that he couldn't care less about anything else. He wondered if it was possible to be so attracted to someone's a sultry voice.

 Trying to get his thoughts together, Tate explained, "Listen to me, Uncle Jon is going to show us the video in his office. Come with me."

"Sure, when?"

"In ten minutes."

"Right now?!" Frustrated and groggy, Cassie opened her eyes wide and moved her neck forward.