Words

Words 

        "Anyone but you and I'd slam the door in your face" 

  Tate had a rough deep voice, as if he just woke up and he probably had considering it was six in the morning. His hair was messier than usual and he narrowed his eyes as if the light hurt them. 

"So... nice." Cassie replied. 

  She'd texted him to Mac's phone a few days back asking to meet at his house before they went to film the video and Tate had accepted the request almost the minute he got it.

  Something felt different when Cassie entered his room, like she was an intruder, like she should not be there in his room. A wave of intimacy, one she'd never experienced, overwhelmed her like a lover's first kiss. The dim morning light snuck through the windows bathing the room in soothing sunrise-orange tones. More like a dream, Cassie could see each dust particle flying into the light while the door knob tickled under her palm charging her body with the electricity of high-voltage pent-up passion.

  They were alone... in his room. Cassie caught herself thinking, oh god, Cassie the typical teenager human part of you is showing. And she could not help but feel the rush of blood to her cheeks as her skin reddened. Really Cassie? Blushing? Get yourself together.

"I--I" she whispered quietly, but the words failed to come out of her mouth. Tate sat on the floor like an innocent little kid, with his back resting on his bed and his head on his knees. She had to take a step back and draw in a deep breath before entering the room again. Tate watched her with sleepy eyes. The sunlight made her golden hair turn ginger.

"Why don't you sit here?" He asked pointing his side. "Or if you don't want to sit next to me, you can sit on the bed. I just like floors more. Well, I don't have a weird obsession with wooden floors or anything like that."

  He paused and yawned. Cassie noticed his speech was slurred and wondered if he got drunk the night before.

"You see, I just like sitting on them more than..."

  Cassie laughed nervously but she didn't sit down.

"I get it, Tate, you like wooden floors... and you are very sleepy."

"I am."

  The door opened and both of them turned around, Titan ignored Cassie and went straight to Tate's side, the boy stroked his black and white hair while the dog moved his tail excited.

"Okay, we have a long day ahead of us, are you prepared?"

  Cassie shook her bag in front of Tate. She moved the sea of written papers with a delicate touch and placed it on the desk. While opening it Cassie said, "Let's see..."

  She moved the things inside just to keep her hands busy and she talked to look less nervous although she knew that Tate could see right through her acting.

"Ballet shoes, check. Make up, check. Ballerina suit, check..."

"Please tell me you brought a tutu. I will be disappointed if you didn't."

  Tate showed off his dimples and crinkled his eyes.

"I brought it."

  Cassie took the white tutu off her bag and smiled. Tate had a talent for making her forget about her mission because right at that moment she should have been learning what he was talking to Alexander about a few days ago. She decided to mention that later when he was more awake.

"I can't wait to see you in that," Tate scoffed, still petting his dog and admiring her from the distance. Cassie blushed once again. 

"So what exactly do I have to do in the video?"