Immortal

Immortal

Pete observed New Zoldova from the top of the hill; he could see some humans building a stage from afar, right where the S.U.N Festival would take place in two days.

He stood there quietly while his mind raced. The sounds of thudded voices repeating the word immortal streamed in like a toxic gas suffocated his thoughts.

He sighted at the prospect of an endless life, almost tasting the eternal blood rushing through his veins. A smirk grew on his face when he saw himself as a part of the Twelve—and rising in power the Twelve would be only him—The One.

Of course there would be people by his side...Cassie on his right and Alexander on his left, seats reserved for those who could follow his rules. There would also be a special place on earth for those two humans he considered friends, the ones who stood beside him after Tate kicked him out of the band.

What were their names? Shit, I should have written them down on a piece of paper.

The future seemed bright just like the spectacular setting sun that evening. His lungs had become used to the aroma of loneliness and musty scent of his apartment so when they breathed in fresh air, he coughed.

He looked down and saw a yellow dandelion at his feet. Pete took it and held it at eye level. He smiled. Everything was going to be picture-perfect—him on the silver throne...Cassie adorned in a long black gown...Alexander with his mouth shut. Perfect.

"Good evening, Alexander," he greeted when he saw the shadow in a cloak approaching him. Alexander hesitated, it was odd seeing Pete outside...and in broad daylight. He was more of a night creature. "You're late."

Pete's smile vanished.

The man took off his hood without saying anything; he wasn't going to apologize to his apprentice. Although he was the one who appeared to be the inexperienced, unsettled novice. Pete glared at him.

"Aren't you going to say anything? Well then, let's get this party started." He threw away the dandelion.

"I don't want to, but to live, I must. Please, brother, forgive me if my actions cause—"

"Blah blah blah, you done? Great." Pete didn't let Alexander finish, he crossed his arms and got closer to him. Alexander placed his hand on his shoulder. "Aw, look at us now...people would think we're father and son."

Alexander did not move, Peter laughed and gazed over Alexander's black-tainted hands and craved for that kind of magic and power to color his own skin.

"I hate this."

"It's all your fault, look... I accept the fact I'm a monster, okay, but you need to know that you raised me and made me this way."

"I made you and I can destroy you..."

Peter frowned and placed his hand on Alexander's shoulder. He looked down. His shoulders and back made an up-and-down motion. For an instant Alexander thought he might be tearing up but to his surprise when lifted his head he had a cartoon-like smile displayed on his face.

"But you can't." Peter pointed his index finger upwards, closed his eyes, then quoted: "If you harm an apprentice, you shall be exiled," Pete smirked satirically, "and we all know exiled is just another word for hmmm, how can I say it...well,..death."

"Do you ever shut up?"

"Really...and let me give you a little tip for our next encounter...don't ever tell me to shut up."

Alexander rolled his eyes.