Ch 12

I was out on a patrol with Mikey and his brothers. We moved swiftly and silently over rooftops well they were I just flew around them happy to stretch my wings a bit. I was doing loops and twists High above them yet still keeping my eyes and ears focused for anything odd. Suddenly I felt as if I was being watched and stopped and looked below. Unknowingly they had stopped and were watching me. Especially Mikey whose gaze was full of love, longing and pride. I motioned for him to join me as I fluttered. He nodded and went to stand on the edge. His brothers grabbed him and seemed to be arguing with him. He looked back at me with a frown so I flew closer just enough so if something did happen I could be there and so they could hear me. "Believe in yourself. Now come join me my love." I said holding out my hand. Mikey smiled happily and I felt the air shift around and then Mikey was beside me. "I can fly!" Mikey exclaimed happily while his brothers especially Donnie looked awestruck "he can fly!?" Donnie said before shaking his head.

Suddenly Mikey was in front of me and before I knew it he kissed me. It was quick and soft an innocent kiss but it conveyed more than words could say. When he pulled away I blushed as Raph wolf whistled. Mikey just smiled at me his twinkling eyes full of their usual mischief. I helped Mikey land then not wanting him to exhaust himself or hurt himself from the landing. Donnie still looked aghast that he was wrong about something. "I thought I heard you guys up here!" A voice called out. I quickly ducked behind Mikey and tucked in my wings as close as they could get. "April! Casey!" The turtles called out. "You guys on a mission or just patrolling as we haven't seen anything tonight." Another voice said. "Patrol. And a quiet night is good especially as we are showing Mikey's girlfriend around." Leo said. "Mikey has a girlfriend? Since when and who?" The second voice said. "And where is she?" The first asked. I was pleading that Mikey wouldn't move but he did but he tucked me under his arm careful of my wings. "April Casey, meet irene." Mikey said and I waved to the two humans before me. One a dark haired and eyed boy who kinda reminded me of Raph and the other a fiery red haired girl. "Where are you from?" April asked. "She's from a whole other dimension April. One where magic exists." Leo said. "Yea she's even teaching us some tricks." Raph said calling up a small flame. "Wicked!" Casey said. "So are you like a witch or something?" Casey said turning to me. I glared at him. "To refer to the royal family as something so medieval. And simply not done." I sniffed my wings fluttering out. "Royal family?" April asked. "I am one of the princesses of my dimension." I said smugly silently laughing at their faces. Mikey burst out laughing making the air tickle my face softly.