Ch 7

Later that night Mikey took me topside to the park. I smiled at the feel of grass and the cool air. Snow wasn't far off and the leaves were changed to bright reds, yellows, and oranges. "Irene you know I feel like your the only person that gets me around here." Mikey said suddenly from a bench while I sat in the grass my wings fluttering slowly. "I'm sure that's not true. Your brothers love you the way you are and so does splinter. And I'm sure the human friends you have like you as well." I responded glancing over at him. "I know they do. I mean you understand why I like playing around and pranking the others." He said softly. "Ahh because sometimes what you do is hard and you have to alleviate the stress somehow. I guess I do. My papa he told me laughter is the best medicine." I said. "Irene? In your dimension was there someone who understood you like you do to me?" He asked a bit bolder now. "No not really. Everyone may have called me happiness personified but some days it was just a mask for what I was truly feeling. Only my papa could tell something was wrong. Much like splinter with you." I said with a sigh. "Irene? Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked suddenly. I looked at him shocked. "Mikey I.." "no never mind forget I asked." He said before running off leaving me in the park stunned. I sat thinking a bit about the situation. The only one who know I was royal was splinter and I told him about the butterfly marks of the royal family. The only question he had was that if I chose one of his sons what would happen to them. It should have been a red flag to me but I had overlooked it. The thing was I had fallen for Mikey. I could already call a claiming butterfly. But why would he not let me finish my sentence?