Ch 2 (present day)

*irene pov*
It had been so long since I had been taken from my family. I had been forced into horrible experiments along with others from my home. A few did not last long as their powers were tied to the soil of the planet. And in this metal prison soil was lacking. Everything was lacking. I would always try to give some of the provisions I would receive to the others but it didn't always work. And then they brought this strange green goo and forced people into it. They came out.... changed some it enhanced their features others it deformed them. It was horrible. By now I was the only one who remembered home and what right or wrong was. I had to escape.

That night I quietly used my powers to pick the lock. And slipped out of my cell. I know what your thinking why didn't I do that earlier well I had tried it before and had been shocked by the system. But now they figured we all were compliant and would not want to escape.

I moved quietly and quickly past the others cells. Praying to nireas that I would not wake any of them and that they would forgive me for not protecting them as well as I could have. Once out of that hall I turned the corner and was face to face with kraang! "Drat!" I muttered and started running. But it was futile as they caught up with me by shooting my leg so I fell. "The prisoner known as prisoner B-18 shall do what is known as surrender." The kraang said. "Watch me!" I shouted struggling to stand even as pain shot up my leg. The ones closest to me grabbed me and bound my arms together tightly. "Kraang shall take prisoner B-18 to confinement level 27." The kraang said before carting me away through the maze of floors.