Ch 6

It had been a few weeks since the turtles had rescued me and patched me up. Master splinter welcomed me whole heartedly and even offered to help me train once I was healed which I accepted. He discovered I was well suited for all types of weapons but I preferred long range ones better. It of course helps when powered by my magic.

I was sitting in the bonsai tree in the training room watching the turtles practice while I was focusing on my magic. It was weaker in this dimension so I was starting small like I did as a child making notes in the journal Mikey gave me the other day.

*flashback*
I was sitting in the kitchen with Mikey as he was cooking up some concoction of pizza for dinner as I practiced focusing my magic trying to call a fire to the candle before me. I scribbled notes on what I was doing on anything, napkins, paper plates, old pizza boxes, scraps of papers. "What are you doing irene?" I heard Mikey ask breaking my concentration. "Trying to light the candle with magic. It's a trick little kids learn." I said looking over at him. "Ah and the scribbling?" He said gesturing to my large amounts of scratch work. "Notes. I need to keep track of how I do things so later when I focus on large scale magic it won't be as hard. Also another trick for children. I wish I had my notes or even a teacher in magic. It makes it easier. But this dimension is so strange that my magic is harder to call on now." I said with a sigh. "You will get it. I know it. Maybe splinter can help with the focus with meditation?" He suggested. "Oh my goodness Mikey your a genius!" I shouted before rushing over and hugging him before racing off to splinter. That night Mikey handed me two gorgeous sky blue leather bound journals that had a purple butterfly stamped on the cover. "I had our human friend April pick this up for you. I figured you would need something better than a pizza box for your notes if they are that important." He said shyly. "Mikey they are beautiful. Thank you!" I said placing a quick kiss on his cheek and racing off to find every note I had taken so far to write neatly into my new journals.
*end flash back*

Today I was just playing around with my magic trying out different elements. Then I was watching the bout train mostly Mikey. He reminded me of one of the older knights when he had first joined. He had been wild and carefree as well which helped him through the ranks. Everyone loved him with his dark chestnut hair and honey colored eyes. He had looked over me and my brothers for years making us laugh and keeping us safe. Mikey had that same attitude about him always even fighting his brothers and I liked that. People at home had called me the princess of laughter as I always was smiling and enjoyed laughter most of all. Suddenly a bright little light passed my face and I looked over. My magic had formed a butterfly the size of my palm with wings like mine but a pale silver blue color all over. I had never formed something like that before! Not even around the kind knight from home who had expressed interest in me. This was a claiming butterfly. "It is not time. He probably doesn't even like me." I whispered to the silver butterfly. It just flapped its wings lazily as if knowing something I didn't.