Ch 21

I waited fearfully pacing every room in one big circle almost waiting. Even master splinter had gone to assist in the attack on TCRI! But no because I was told not to go I had to stay. It was also hard to deny that the Look Mikey gave me was one of relief and not of sadness that I would not be in this battle. So I waited watching the time pass. I even had packed up my stuff from the past months so I would be ready to go. I hacked donnies computer and put on some soft music so the place wasn't so quiet before following my well worn path through the lair.

Hours past and I was really getting worried. I finally sat and watched the door my wings flapping nervously behind me. I reached over and grabbed a blanket that I had placed over the couch earlier and tucked it around me. The soft music was calming as I stood guard. Against my will I started nodding off my eyes growing heavy. I shook myself and sent a chilling charm towards me to jolt myself awake. But all that did was make me sore sleepy as the blanket warmed me back up.

Next thing I know I was being shaken awake and I looked blearily up I caught those sky blue eyes I loved so much looking down at me. I leapt up and hugged him. "Easy there tiger." Mikey said with a laugh. "I was so worried." I whispered. "We did it irene. Only a few injuries but they are gone. You are free to come back to us and your people now. Including your claim and his family." Ingfred reported back to me. "Yes my sons it truly is time to move on from this place. We will no longer hide in fear of the humans, But embraced." Splinter said. "We will leave tomorrow." Omni said as he flopped onto the floor and fell asleep. "The battle took a lot out of him. He has out off a lot of training to look for you." Ingfred said softly as the others also drifted to beds or a space on the floor or couches. I nodded before taking my blanket and draping it over Omni who smiled. I started doing rounds then making sure everyone was really safe. I ended with Mikey who was sprawled across his bed making me chuckle softly. I carefully prodded him into the middle of the bed and finding a blanket on the floor laid it over him. I settled besides him propped up on a pillow before I let my eyes fall closed once more.