Ch 23

I looked around seeing the familiar sites of where I grew up. Then I saw my family. "Papa!" I shouted running over to him and the others. My whole family was there all five cousins not including Omni who was talking with his claim. My aunts and uncles. My mother and stepfather and my brothers! "Oh irene we were so worried. We had almost given up hope when Alanna came back saying that they found you." Grandma said as I was clamored over by my younger cousins. "Mikey come on and meet my family." I called and he walked over his brothers and father trailed behind as they marveled at the sites.

After my family persisted with their game of twenty questions and most everyone was lead to their rooms besides Mikey and I. I was showing him around the castle my favorite places as he smiled happily at me. "And this is my room!" I said opening the familiar carved oak door to reveal my room which was exactly how I had left it. "Why is all my stuff in your room irene?" Mikey asked walking around and pointing to his bags. "The maids must have assumed that we are full claims and had you move in with me." I said with a sigh before seeing Mikey's confused face. "Married Mikey married. Usually a Royal and their claim get married within a year of finding the other and placing their claim mark." I said thinking that my sixteenth birthday would be soon. Alanna and Peter's wedding was soon only after a few months of being claimed. Omni had confided that he wanted to wait until his sixteen which would be half a year over the usual year for him. But I saw nothing wrong with that. Alanna seemed to be rushing hers. I saw no reason to rush Mikey as he had only just arrived to my home. "Hey Why you thinking so hard love?" Mikey asked making me jump. "It's nothing Mikey come on your room is supposed to be just next door to mine." I said grabbing a bag and taking it out missing Mikey's odd look as he followed behind me.