Ch 11

*the next morning*
After splinter kicked Leo Donnie and raphs shells, and sparing lightly with Mikey to help make up for his brothers it was my turn. "Today we practice the very very basics of ones element. It takes the same control and concentration as your ninja training so the basics should be easy for you. Once you get that you will branch out separate from the others and practice. I will be your guide and trainer as the royal family can work with all but some elements call to us more than others." I started out. "And what exactly are Donnie and i's elements?" Leo asked. "That is an excellent question. And to answer it I want you both to close your eyes." I said moving before them Leo's eyes slid shut automatically but Donnie watched quizzically. "Fine leo shall go first I was going to do you both at the same time but be that way." I sniffed before I grabbed four roundish rocks I had found in the tunnels. On them were different symbols. One for each element. I placed them before him in no specific order. "Now reach out and pick. The elements magic will react to you." I said softly as leo reached out. At first it seemed maybe he had no basic element to work with before one stone started to glow a deep blue as his hand finally rested on it. "No wonder you and Raph bicker so much. Your elements are natural opposites of each other. Water and fire but when they do work together something magnificent can be formed." I said as leo opened his eyes. "That actually makes a lot of sense! Water is  very serene like Leo who meditates while Raph prefers to punch and kick and when upset has a wild fires rage!" Mikey said suddenly the others looked shocked while I just beamed. "Exactly. Now come on Donnie your turn!" I said making him close his eyes while I rearranged the stones. To my surprise the stone with the symbol of earth lit almost immediately. "All four elements present I have my work cut out for me! But now I see how and why you four brothers are so similar and yet different. Water beats fire easily. Fire beats earth. Earth beats air. And air beats water. Your family is set up in accordance with your elements somehow." I said gathering my stones and placing them behind me.

"Now first you must picture your element what it feels like what it is. Not simply what it does." I said before going to the candle. "The first trick of fire is a candle. You must light it and only the candle. Think you can manage that Raph?" I asked as I lit one candle to a small cherry flame before putting it out and handing it to Raph who nodded . "With wind it is making a breeze it may sound easy but try focusing it to just shake the leaves in the tree ok Mikey?" I asked "can do!" He said walking towards the tree. "Water is all around us. In the air in the ground, in the walls of the building. Your task is to summon this water out and into a container. The clearer the water the better you are getting." I said leaving leo to puzzle over his task. "And what of earth?" Donnie asked. "Simple. I said throw this rock but not using your hands. And if you can throw it summon it back." I said smugly secretly glad he had one of the less impressive but harder to start elements. Earth could be stubborn at first much as Donnie and most intellectuals are. Then I walked around the room lending tips to how best call the elements within them to the outside.